- I hate roller coasters. I’ve hated them as long as I can remember. All those trips to Cedar Point, I’d be sitting on the bench holding purses, drinks and jackets so everyone else could ride. You know the day after Prom where all the seniors took a trip to Cedar Point? I didn’t go. I’ve stayed away from them for awhile and finally broke down with Mark when we were first dating. We were at the Eastern Idaho State Fair and I didn’t want to seem like a wuss, so I agreed to ride with him and was simultaneously crying and screaming the whole time. We got off the ride and I ran to the bathroom in humiliation and to clean up my mascara-covered face. Needless to say, he still liked me after that, but I swore him to secrecy that he’d never tell his brothers.
- I rarely puke. I’m not sure about when I was a baby, but as a child I rarely actually vomited. The only incident I really remember was after eating a bad Strawberry Sundae from McDonald’s. It happened in the car on the way home and luckily we had a garbage bag. Because of that incident I think I got stereotyped, but after that I remember not throwing up for a long time. Even when I was pregnant, I didn’t puke, I’d just feel like I needed to all the time.
- My fingers are funky. I don’t have double joints or toe-thumbs or anything. It’s basically just my index and middle fingers on both hands lean out. So for example, the two fingers on my left hand sway to the left and the fingers on my right hand sway to the right. Who knows why, but it’s like my hands got stuck in a really bad windstorm in utero and are permanently bent. It’s kinda freaky looking.
- I love thrift stores. I sometimes spend hours perusing them just to relax. When we were living in Twin Falls, they had a thrift store “Rodeo Drive” on Main Street in the old downtown area. I started out at “The Mustard Seed” and then worked my way up through antique shops on either side of the street to “Society of St. Vincent de Paul” and then finished up with the “Idaho Youth Ranch”. Unfortunately the DI was further out, as well as the Salvation Army. I actually had to make specific trips to these stores. Since I’ve been back to Livonia, I’ve found a few regulars…Salvation Army on Farmington and Plymouth, Society of St. Vincent de Paul on Wayne and Hunter, and Value World on Ford and Wayne. I’m still able to satisfy my craving for thrift and finding a great bargain.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
4 Random Facts about Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Never noticed the finger thing, but Dad and I have this info on each other that we developed while we were newly-weds ... in case of a terrible accident and our faces were not identifiable, how would we know it was us ? Dad's moles and big bunion-type deformity by his big toes. (Ever notice how he never goes bare-foot ?) I have a big white birthmark on my belly which looks somewhat like Australia, and no toenails to speak of ... at all ...whatsoever ... don't waste the polish ! Now you can identify us, too !
I'd love to thrift shop with you-- I think my fav store was Value City at Middlebelt and Plymouth?
Suzy-
Sorry, I have those fingers. Egad cruel genetics! Middle finger on both hands lean left. For me it is just the top joint. Hard to say which branch of the family tree this has emerged from. Jon calls them bony witch fingers. But I say "Just aren't we special!!"
"a really bad windstorm in utero." Nice.
Okay, Jeff doesn't throw up either! For the 16 years we've been married, I have never seen him throw up! Even when we both had the flu when the girls were really little, I was seriously throwing up for 3 days straight...and he never did. It just made it's way out the other end...okay, GROSS! I'll stop.
Post a Comment