Monday, December 17, 2007

Birthday Aftermath


I thought Gabriella was the highlight of Maryn's bday, until we got trumped by a present from one of her friends on Sat...read below.

I thought some of you may have been curious to know how a party with 9 little 6-7 year old girls would go...we're still alive...no injuries...but lots of screaming, running around, giggling, jibber-jabber about Troy and Sharpay, and of course some tears...was involved. All in all I think the party was fun for Maryn (and hopefully friends). She absolutely LOVED all the attention and having all of her very favorite friends gathered in one place. I guess that made the migraine afterwards worth it.

Party Theme: Pajama Party (compromise on the original sleepover on a Friday night idea for pizza and games on a Saturday in pj's).


Pizza with friends...Maryn at the far end leaning to the right and Avery is top right.

Party Games & Activities: decorating a pillowcase for Maryn, watching HS Musical 2 while intermittantly running wildly throughout the house, playing Twister, doing the limbo (what?!?), playing Telephone, playing ghosts & hunters (made up by Maryn involving the dark, blankets, and flashlights, and 1 crying friend), cake & ice-cream, and presents.

Can I see? Can I see?
Party Highlights: Maryn stealing the show and over-ruling my carefully thought out plan for games & activities, friend of Maryn's insisting on doing the limbo, asking the girls how much money they got from the tooth fairy and 1 yelling out "a fifty!", having the girls actually eat some of the veggie tray in addition to the pizza, and Maryn getting a "Pixel Chix" (of which she has now grafted to her body). It was an afternoon to remember...for all of us!!


What party isn't complete without some tears mingled with chocolate cake & ice cream??? Isn't that how the song goes?

3 comments:

melanie said...

I had to go and google what a pixel chix is-- Where have I been?!
Sounds like such a fun party. You are so creative!!
Maryn is such a doll.

Paul and Linda said...

Can you just hardly wait for real pajama parties ? With four girls, we had our share of them, all followed by major migraines, and the vow to not do that again !
We are witnesses to the addictive power of "Pixel Chix" and wager we know one thing Santa is bringing Avery !

J'Amy Day said...

That sounds a lot like Alec's 7th birthday party a month ago...I thought all of the running and ruckus was because they were boys, but now I'm convinced it's the age. Hannah has a pixel chick, too. Alec even likes them :)!