Monday, February 11, 2008

Life's What You Make It, So Let's Make it Rock!



For those who are familiar with the phenomenon that is Hannah Montana, you probably not only recognized the title to this post, but busted it out in true rock-star fashion. Maryn and Avery have truly become little Hannah/Miley groupies. Maryn especially. She got the Hannah Montana barbie doll for her birthday, along with some episodes of the HM show on DVD. She likes to talk about it with her friends and dream about becoming a rock-star. Don't you just love Disney? Anyway, I think it plays into a lot of little girl fantasies about becoming a rock-star, while still having a normal life and "keepin' it real". It's cute and quirky, and also pretty harmless as both Hannah and Miley are pretty modest and smart and not promoting bad stuff. Which I can't complain about. Anyway, we (with the help of my Dad) scored tix to the 3D Concert/Movie on Saturday. The girls had more fun getting dressed up and anticipating the event than the actual event itself. We got there early and were able to get good seats. We had popcorn and pink lemonade and our 3D glasses ready to go. And then when it started I think the girls were mesmerized for the first couple songs, but soon lost a little bit of interest. Maryn watched intently most of the time, whereas Avery got hot and bored and tired early...she and I walked the halls of the theater for the last 15 minutes or so. She was frustrated that it was a concert and not the TV show. Oh well. The 3D effects were cool and the music wasn't that bad either. It's funny how much it doesn't take for me to be entertained. The best part was watching Mark (who was probably one of the only Dad's there) sitting by Maryn, 3D glasses on, holding her hand watching the show. It was a fun event for us.

8 comments:

melanie said...

FUN!!
What a cute girls night out-- Did you have a matching hat and boa???

Stacie said...

Sounds fun. Such cute girls.

J'Amy Day said...

Fun! Riley went with her friends to see it, but Hannah missed out - I didn't get it together in time to get tickets. Your girls look so cute all dresed up!

Paul and Linda said...

When Kathy and I went to see 27 Dresses (cute !) it was showing at the same time as HM. The lobby was jam-packed with little girls (and their Mama's), Girl Scout and Brownie Troops, etc. The giggle level was at a 10 ! None that I saw looked any cuter than these two. Especially LOL at Av's "posing" !

Shauna said...

Maddi and I went last weekend!

We loved it too!!!

Anna said...

So cute!

Erin said...

Love the sunglasses shot! Very cute!

Suzy said...

Maryn just corrected me and told me it's not, "Life's what you make it, so let's make it right" it's "rock" instead. So much for me and getting the right lyrics. Anybody remember, "let's get vivica?" Nuff said.