I found this quiz on a friend's blog. Jane Austen has always been a huge favorite of mine since I was a teen. I love her style of writing and her complex, and impossibly romantic characters and plot lines. I love the drama and the tension, and the passion of it all! Not to mention the bonnets, and cute empire waist dresses, and those adorable accents. I sometimes wonder if I should have been born in that time period in England somewhere. I wasn't expecting to be most like Emma, I was thinking more along the lines of Elizabeth Bennett. My favorites are Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. And I've actually read both of those. These days, I don't have a lot of extra time for that pleasure, and so I've been watching the movie adaptations. Mark and I recently watched Persuasion with Amanda Root, and it was a snooze fest. Which disappointed me because I'm really on a kick lately. The next movie in my Netflix queue is Mansfield Park. I hope it's a keeper. What about you? What's your favorite Jane Austen work and who are you most like?

5 comments:
Actually today I was focusing on your menu. The Parmesan Crusted Chicken sounds interesting. Let me know how it turns out. Also, I have a yummy Au Gratin Potatoes and Ham recipe if you still have leftover ham.
I love the Austen movies ... Emma Thompson and Gweneth Paltrow were so believable. Even that homely little Brit that played Jane Eyre to Wm Hurt was intriguing. I recently read "Austenland" by Shannon Hale (LDS) and quite enjoyed it. The premise is the ??? you put forth.
I LOVE Jane Austen, so I was curious to take the quiz...surprisingly enough (at least to me) I am most like Marianne Dashwood!!! Interesting....
The unrequited love between Ms. Bennett and Mr. Darcy is my favorite. If you want a great Austen flick though-- the new PBS version of Jane Eyre is really good!
Updated 4/30/08: Mansfield Park was awesome...I highly recommend renting it!
Post a Comment