Hooray!! Power's back!! Not sure exactly when, but as Mark pulled into the driveway last night, he clicked the opener and the garage door went up. The girls and he started cheering and called me to share the happy news...I was still on my way home. So our stint with pioneer living is over. We have heat, light,working appliances, and most importantly...TV!! We were even able to catch a bit of "The Biggest Loser" last night. Anybody else on board with that show this season? I love it. It helps keep me motivated in my own weight loss/maintenance journey.
Speaking of which, my half-marathon training is going well. "Well" in the sense that I'm on schedule and getting my runs in. If things seem off on my "log your run" sidebar it's because I'm doing things a week behind. When I was sick a couple weeks ago, I didn't do anything and started where I had left off the next week. Now instead of tapering at the end for 3 weeks, I'll just taper for 2. And sometimes I switch up the days I run depending on my schedule at work, etc. So, it's all good. I'm getting it done. Today was a first for me. The 5 milers were taking too long to do at work, so I woke up at 5:30 today to get it done before work!! I NEVER thought I'd see the day that I actually woke up on purpose in the wee hours of the morning to exercise...never!! But the day has come. It wasn't so bad, but a little dark and chilly. If I do it again, I should probably run on a road that has more light. And if you think that's hardcore, listen to this...last Saturday I did my 9 miler in the rain!! Mostly it was just drizzle, but when you're out in it for over an hour and a half, you get pretty soaked. I actually improved my time from the week before because I think I subconsciously just wanted to get the dang thing over with. HA! Whatever works, I guess. This Saturday I have a 10-miler scheduled. I kind of dread it at first, and then when I'm actually doing it I just keep saying to myself, "don't stop, don't stop,..." the whole time. And somehow I get it done. I can't say it's been a load of fun. It's been hard. And I haven't really loved it like I thought I would. But it's one of those things that I just have to do now. I've come this far, and I can't just stop now. What I'm learning more than anything is discipline, perserverance, and pushing the limits. I know that's what I'm doing, and I hope I can keep up with it. Still taking it one mile at a time.
4 comments:
Suzy,
You are making me tireder.
Jen
Hooray! So glad you have power.
Way to go with the running. Matt was out last Saturday in the rain too, so I totally understand the "soaked" visual. He's training for a 15K next week. You runners...I just don't get it.... But I think you're awesome!
Jeff ran 13 miles in the rain last Saturday, too. He is also "done" with the training and can't wait until the marathon is finished and, hopefully, did well!
You are an inspiration! Good for you for sticking with it...5:30 is soooo early!
holy cow!!!!!!! i am sooo proud of you!!!! i am not surprised--you are one motivated, strong, and amazing gal!
love ya suz!!!
di
oh, i am totally into biggest loser. it is one of the big highlights of my week!
Post a Comment