
Da da da da dun da da, dun dah duh dah...(wedding march). Look out world, here we come!! This was us coming out of the Idaho Falls Temple, freshly hitched. It was absolutely freezing that day, and I felt like a popsicle in my short-sleeved dress. I channeled Rose from Titanic that day whilst taking picture after picture on the frozen Temple grounds. By the end of the session we couldn't use many of our pictures anyway as we both had red, Rudolph noses and were visibly clenching our teeth.

Later on at our Reception...us and our parents, the people who made this all happen. Our reception was held in a Banquet Room on the campus of the former Ricks College, Rexburg, Idaho. Very appropriate as we met at Ricks 5 years earlier. Mark's Mom worked there, and had special connections and the room was just perfect. We went with the Christmas theme, and had trees with white lights, white and burgundy poinsettas, and emerald green and burgundy accents throughout. (I know, veeerry 1998.) It was beautiful though.

Me and my pets, oops I mean "bridesmaids". Melanie had just celebrated her first anniversary with Jeff that summer, and Erin was in her single days at UVCC. We found the emerald green velvet dresses at a JCPenney in Provo during Thanksgiving break that year. I think they were like $30 or $40. My roomate Nicky (also a mission companion) was also my bridesmaid that day.

Mark and his "groomsmen". From left, Tony Mosier, Dan Brown, Jason Brown. My how we've all changed!!

I just love this picture of Mark. Isn't that expression priceless? Especially on his wedding day. Doesn't he look like he's saying "whoo boy, what have I gotten myself into?!?" Either that, or somebody spiked the punch and he's feeling a little happy. Anyway, what a cute groom, huh?
P.S. We want a cut of any winnings anybody acquired on bets placed on whether or not we would actually make it this far...you can mail them to our new address.
Thanks!!
7 comments:
Dave Brown is in the men's photo, too -- far right. It is fun to see these photos!! It still makes me cold to remember how bitter the weather was that day and how the guys all froze hauling the decorations in and out of the Manwaring Center ! The effort was well worth it to see your beautiful family 10 years later!!!
You guys look so cute in those pics! I forgot how pretty your dress was...a funny thing I remember about our trip up to I.F. for your wedding was that Hannah's bottle froze in the car overnight. When we went to retrieve it out of the car from our hotel room, Jeff brought in the bottle, with a frozen brick of milk inside!
Those pictures are so cute! I don't think you guys have changed at all. Congratulations!!
It was a lovely wedding and reception. I recall walking from the pkg. lot to the MC, and seeing that big tower w/the temp that said 6 degrees ! And thinking that no one would come on a night as cold as this ! but oh no ! Those Idahoans never let a little below freezing get to them !
IT still makes me sad today that I missed your wedding. I would've liked to see me and my big pregnant belly in a green dress and in the photo.
Happy Anniversary. Hope your day was a true celebration!
Happy Anniversary! Hope it was fun.
So, I did a wedding last week and it was 5 below and I tried to make the bride and groom feel better by telling them about you guys....I thought a lot about you. Happy Belated Anniversary!!
Post a Comment