Thursday, June 18, 2009

More Rigby Goodness: Travelogue Part II



The weekend of the 6th and 7th was a real highlight of our trip. Having all of the family in one place at the same time hasn't happened in probably 5 years and it was nice to be together and especially helped lift Laurie and Dennis' spirits I think.

After church on Sunday, we were able to all sit around the living room and talk and visit. We captured many of the conversations on video that I'm sure we will all treasure for many years to come. Especially the grandkids. Laurie was able to sit and talk with each one and tell them what she loved about them. It was very sweet (and very emotional as you can imagine.) I think we were all simultaneously uplifted and exhausted from the love we felt that day.

The grandkids put together a play later that evening that was pretty darn cute. I love that they all cooperated so well together and had such a good time doing it.



On Monday, we took a field trip to Rexburg. We had lunch at Fong's with Dan and then took the girls over to the BYU-I campus. Mark and I tried recapturing our youth and wanted to show the girls the classroom where we met and other important landmarks, but the campus was so torn up and different we had a hard time. It has been too long I'm afraid...over 12 years now. Still we had fun.



That night in lieu of FHE, Grandpa took the kids over to the Church parking lot to ride his go-cart. The girls were a little tentative at first, but got the hang of it after awhile and loved it.



Tuesday we took the girls to Idaho Falls to see UP! It was a really cute movie, but I'm warning you now, the beginning is a tear-jerker. Especially in light of what our family is going through right now. It was very poignant, and Mark and I both were wiping our eyes and hoping for something a little lighter.

Wednesday we stuck around Rigby and got some things done around the house. I think we ventured out for lunch and a trip to D.I. (I love that store!), and otherwise got our things together for our trip to Yellowstone the next day.
Pics of Yellowstone are still in the hopper...I know you can't wait (right, right?!?)

5 comments:

melanie said...

I'm loving the travelogue! It sounds like it was just was Laurie wanted!

PS-- You are glowing. You look beautiful!!!

Paul and Linda said...

Which of the "Brown Twins" has the Toni ?

Andrea said...

Dorm 5 rocks!
I had so much fun showing my kids Rexburg on our way up to Yellowstone, but I must say the highlight for me was running into Mark and the girls at the Sand Dunes of all places!!!

J'Amy Day said...

What a fun trip! I'm so glad you got to go...can't wait for the Yellowstone pics!!!!

Erin said...

cute pics! Love the first family one! I am so glad you guys got to have some quality time with the Browns! :)