Mark was sick last night. It happens occassionally. Actually it happens a lot. Anyone who knows Mark well knows that he has a somewhat fragile (hee hee) stomach. His family will back me up on this one. Pretty much every family vacation or major event growing up in their family consisted of Mark tossing his cookies on somebody or all over something. Instead of disgusting, I think it's kind of endearing. (Did I really just say that?)
Anyway, I feel bad for him. Something didn't agree with his stomach last night (he claims it was the salmon, but the rest of us are fine), and he was up till the wee hours going back and forth between the couch and the commode. Poor guy. I really do feel bad for him. But I also get grossed out really easily. And I'm a germaphobe. And I'm on bed rest. So there wasn't a whole lot I could do for him.
So what does all of this mean? Well, I was feeling badly that I wasn't able to do more for him last night (you know like hold his hair back while he was hunched over, wipe the sweat from his fevered brow, spray the bathroom down in Lysol, etc, etc). He's been doing a heck of a lot for me and I started to think and it reminded me that I needed to respond to the blog-meme he posted the other day about our spouse's preferences. The list he compiled for me was not only accurate, but humorous as well. The only thing I would revise is my preference for dangly earrings. I actually like them more and more these days. I now have several pairs. (Buy them at Kohl's on clearance...great deals!)
So here's my list of what Mark prefers:
Mark prefers throwing up and getting it over with to writhing about in cramped misery (okay, that's the last thing I'll say about him throwing up last night!)
Mark prefers cream based soups to brothy ones
Mark prefers regular Pepsi to diet
Mark prefers talking about movies and books than sports
Mark prefers mowing the lawn to painting
Mark prefers short-sleeved button-down shirts to polo's for work
Mark prefers drawing pictures and passing notes with the girls to listening in Sacrament meeting (okay only some of the time...wink, wink)
Mark prefers shopping for clothes for himself with me than alone
Mark prefers hot dogs over Brats.
Mark prefers soup as an appetizer to salad.
Mark prefers staying up late to waking up early (although he has been teaching 8 o'clock classes for 2 semesters straight now.)
Mark prefers walking to running.
Mark prefers weather that is not humid
Mark prefers the Gem State
Mark prefers that his students call him Mark or Mr. Brown, but not Professor (that is until he gets his PhD, and then I'm thinking all bets are off.)
Mark prefers Blogger to Facebook
Mark prefers cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Saturday mornings.
Mark prefers drinking milk to water.
Mark prefers having daughters than sons (although at this point he has no choice.)
Mark prefers our current President than the last one...ahem.
Mark prefers not to wear flip-flops.
And I prefer him to anyone else.
The end.
2 comments:
My observation has been that Mark prefers soup to almost anything ! He is "The Nazi" (speaking soup-wise, of course !) and he makes a mean pot, himself !
fun post! Hope Mark feels better soon!
Post a Comment