I asked Avery what kind of theme she wanted to go with for her party, and she honestly didn't have any opinions. So I kind of "suggested" we have a "Fall Festival" birthday party. She thought it was a great idea too. She has a lot of fond memories of our Michigan traditions even in the short time we lived there. So a Fall Festival we had.
When her guests arrived, they played outside for awhile, then came in and we colored Scarecrow placemats, had pizza for lunch, and then played some Fall games. We "fished" for apples (instead of bobbing and getting drenched and water everywhere), we had apple relay races, musical towels, a dance party in the basement, and painted some baby pumpkins.
Instead of cake and ice-cream, we had cider and donuts. It was a fun day, and went surprisingly well. I'm glad Avery could have her special day and all the fun memories that go along with it, even if it was a little late.
4 comments:
What fall party is complete without a dance party!! So cute!! It looks like so much fun, and I'm sure she didn't care one bit that it was late.
Happy Birthday again, Avery Jane!
I love that Ave's idea of a funny face always includes crossing her eyes. A feat she does very well, I might add !
BUT ... she did get a cake somewhere, didn't she ? I seem to recall you took donuts to school on her true b-day, as well.
What a fun idea! Looks like the donuts took effect for that last picture. :)
cute decorations, cute idea! I love it!
Post a Comment