Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Monday





I used to hate Monday's. Back when I was a full-time workin' gal. Come Sunday evening, I would start to drag...dreading the fact that in the morning I would have a whole work week ahead of me...looming over me like a big fat bummer.

But this morning I realized that I don't really dread Monday's the way I used to. In fact, my attitude has changed quite a bit. I actually kinda look forward to my Monday's now. GASP!! I'll let you in on my little secret why...

The reason why is because I get to have the house back to myself after the weekend. It's not that I don't enjoy having the family home over the weekend. I actually look forward to that too. I love Friday night and being able to go doing something fun together or stay up a little later than normal so that we can all sleep in a little later on Saturday morning. And then waking up to Mark making his cinnamon rolls on Saturday morning and having him clean the bathrooms...what more could a girl ask for really? Saturdays are good too. We catch up on errands or we go exploring or we do something fun. And who doesn't like a good Sabbath day? Going to Church and seeing Ward friends...coming home, and making a yummy meal, taking a nap, going for a walk, it's all good!!

But come Sunday night, it starts getting a little wearing. The house is usually not as neat and tidy as it was when we started the weekend out. And with school and work looming the next day, the whining quota in our house is definitely past it's maximum capacity. I know that for my family it is the starting to another week of running the rat race. But for me and Parker it is the starting of another week of "us" time.

I cannot lie. I love having this little baby all to myself during the day. It doesn't help that she is absolutley adorable and impossibly happy in the mornings. After I feed her, she is just all smiles and it's intoxicating. We sit and play and watch Oprah, and then I get to dress her up in a cute outfit for the day. I had forgotten how fun it is to pick out clothes for one of my daughters without protest or criticism!! It's great!!

We go about our chores for the day...sometimes she naps, sometimes she sits in her bouncy seat and watches me with her big blue eyes...bouncing and smiling at her reflection in the mirror above her. It's peaceful, and it's quiet besides our high-pitched conversations. I'm doing the baby talk thing again, she's squealing and cooing. It's hilarious. We talk and play throughout our day of chores--unload the dishwasher, load the washing machine, fold clean clothes, put them away, make beds, tidy the rooms of the house, make shopping lists, plan meals, organize, organize, organize. We get our work done and enjoy it happily, even though it may be a Monday.

I feel ready and rejuvenated to start another week...especially because now I get to do it with my little sidekick. This Monday thing ain't so bad after all!!

6 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

How fun ! Makes those bedfast days seem like a small price, doesn't it ? :o)

melanie said...

Look how enchanted she is with her reflection!! So cute!

I love the days of just the two of us as well!!

Shalee said...

what a cutie! There is no beating the time when they just sit and hang out while you work around the house...instead of when they run and re-make the messes you just cleaned :)

Anna said...

Mark cleans the bathroom?! Lucky. Sometimes I feel like stay-at-home mom has become synonymous with "janitor."

J'Amy Day said...

So glad you and Monday are friends again. :)

Erin said...

sounds so fun. That little baby stage where they just "sit" is amazing. She is SOOOOO adorble and changing so much!! Keep those pics coming!