Or Charlie, for short. Yep, we did it again...we got a cat!! We didn't know if we had it in us after saying goodbye (or good riddance as the case may have been) to our beloved Jack (more famously known as Jackie Joe Johnson Brown). But a friend from our Ward was moving and needed to find a home for her 3-year old, all black, neutered, male cat asap, so I/we agreed and took the plunge into cat ownership again.
So far, so good! There were some big eyes, and tears, and sticking out of the bottom lip by Parker Faye, but now she thinks he's pretty cool. She's even reached for him a few times..the real test of his cool-ness will be when she actually makes contact and puts the baby death grip on a nice big chunk of his fur or (gasp) his tail!! I think (I hope!) they'll get along just fine.
The girls are, of course, IN L-O-V-E. Avery picks him up and carries him around every chance she gets, while Maryn draws illustration after illustration of her new BFF.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Wish us luck!!
5 comments:
What will become of the Calico from across the street who already thinks he lives at your house ?
Hello Chaz ! Grandma sends her love !
and the cat came back the very next day... Welcome to the family CB!
I love Maryn's portrait of Charles! She takes after her Dad...
oh man, here kitty kitty! I love the name...hilarious. Have fun with your new feline friend!
Good title on the post - was that to inspire some writing out of your hubbie?
Make sure and read the comment I made on Mark's blog about my favorite cat story!
Happy poopy scooping!
Post a Comment