Friday, May 7, 2010

SING!!



Maryn has been participating in the Illinois Valley Youth Choir since school began. It is a group of 3rd-5th graders from all over the area. They have to audition and once accepted, they have weekly rehearsals for the culminating "Spring Show"!! This past weekend was the much anticipated show, and Maryn did great!! I could tell she was singing her little heart out and really enjoying the fruits of her labors (all those rehearsals and lyric memorization!!).

I was impressed with the whole thing and happy that Maryn could be a part of it. And (knock on wood) this is finally something she has tried this year that she is excited to do again next year! (Unlike the soccer debacle of '09!) Even Avery wants to audition next year as well!! Maybe we're onto something for these girls?!?



(Maryn is far left, two heads up from the piano.)



(Do you remember that YouTube video where those preschoolers are singing and the kid sneezes and white snot covers his face and is hanging off of him...the camera person zooms in on the little girl standing next to him, and this is her exact expression...Maryn's face in reaction to the girl next to her...I think she was afraid she was going to puke or something...HA!!)

4 comments:

Shalee said...

Way to go, Maryn! Quite the snazzy little outfit and I love the facial expression in the last picture. Classic.

Erin said...

Maryn looks like such a little lady. So cute. Next she needs the big blue (symphonic choir) ball gown and she is set!!

Paul and Linda said...

Maryn the Million Dollar face Girl !

Grandma Mary would be proud of her singing with feeling !

melanie said...

Oh those little vests!! I love the "please don't puke" face the most. Keep on' singin' Maryn!!