"When I got baptized it felt good. I felt pure, like all my sins were washed away. I am glad that my Dad got to baptize me and confirm me. It feels good to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was glad that my Grandparents could be there, especially that both of my Grandpa’s could give talks. My Grandpa Brown gave the talk on baptism, and my Grandpa Day gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. I am grateful that this is one of the last happy memories that I have of my Grandpa Brown. I know he was proud of me and was happy of my choice to get baptized. I am glad that I got the gift of the Holy Ghost. It has really helped me the past few weeks to feel comfort and peace. I know that the Gospel is true and I am grateful for it and my Savior Jesus Christ. Sister Detloff sang one of my favorite primary songs at my baptism, “I know that my Savior loves me”. I know that this is true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Avery's talk on her feelings about her Baptism prepared for the Primary Program, October 2010.
5 comments:
Very sweet talk, Avery. I hope you will call us on the phone and say it for us to hear.
It was a wonderful baptism and we are so glad we could be there.
(In case you are all wondering why our picture is so yellow when compared with the others, it is because it was taken in the "DAY"-time and the sun was up !)
Wiping the tears over here, Avery!
Thank you for sharing your testimony of the Holy Ghost. I'm so proud of you and wish I could be at your primary program to hear it in person.
Lots of Love,
Aunt Amy
What a sweetie. Love it!
So sweet, and ditto Amy. Love you Avery & I know what you shared is true!
sweet, simple and so true. Love you guys.
Post a Comment