But hard work pays off! The show's opening night was this past Thursday and they did great! It ran through the weekend and either Mark or I attended every performance. Some were better than others, but on the whole we both saw a lot of improvement in the cast overall.
(With their mother, Helen Chavez--on a sidenote I work with her at the Writing Center. Her name is Reilly, she's pretty cool.)
(With their proud, Papi, Cesar.)
(With various mexican farm workers, and Chavez siblings...I can't say that without cracking up.)
Now we can't get the dang songs out of our head!! We'll be driving somewhere and bust out in song, "Si, se puede (Yes, we CAN)!!" or "Viva la CAUSA!!!" It was a hoot and we loved seeing the girls stretch themselves, and do something new and scary. We are so proud of our little latina farm workers!!
(Their (mean) director--Dr. Kuester)
4 comments:
What cute {latina} girls!!! LOL!
Where oh where is the video of such Si, Se puede songs?!? I wish I could hear them with their thick latina accents!! (A should have used her A-lvira wig)
Way to go, girls!
Viva la Chavez ninas ! Muy bonita ! and pass the grapes, please !
wow!! How fun for them. They are lookin "muy bonita" and very OLD!!
Post a Comment