Ready, set, GO!! That's pretty much where we're at with our summer plans right now. Yesterday morning was the last actual day the girls needed to be physically present at Tonica Grade School, and as of 8:15 a.m. they were set free...like 2 bullets out of a shot-gun ready and raring for summer F-U-N!!
So where does that leave me?!? Ready or not, here they come!! LOL!! Parker and I have officially been out-numbered by family members who are "off" for the summer. I have no control over my house, or the organization or cleanliness thereof. My house has been taken over by summer may-hem, and frankly I don't know how I feel about it quite yet.
I want to be excited, footloose, and fancy-free; but there's that little devil angel on my left shoulder who keeps pointing out the newly acquired clutter popping up in random places, the dirty laundry accumulating from outdoor play, softball games, and wardrobe changes for the upteenth time..."it was cold when I woke up but now I'm hot and I need to change into shorts, etc."
AAAAAGH!! What's a Mom to do?!? Let me rephrase that...what's a Mom who suffers from OCD to do?!? LOL!!!!!
I love my girls and I'm glad they're home, and I'm going to try really, really hard to suck it up and have some summer F-U-N right there with them!! :-)
So here's the shedule for June:
5-11: Avery goes to Basketball camp!!, 3 of the 4 girls get their teeth cleaned at the dentist, Avery has 2 games, Mom works 2 nights, Dad has leadership training at work, etc.
12-18: Girls go to Artrageous! Girl Scout camp (3-day day-camp), Avery has more softball games, Mom has more work, Dad and girls go on a Father's Day hike in Starved Rock on Sat. for Activity Days, and Parker tries to get a decent nap in once a day.
19-25: Happy Father's Day!!, Maryn goes to Acting camp at Stage 212 in LaSalle, Avery has more softball, Mom is happy to go to work for a little peace & quiet, and Dad tries to eke out a few more pages of dissertation writing (yeah, he's actually trying to get some work done amidst all of this hub-bub!!)
26-30: Possible trip to MI. for a GNO with friends (?!?), more softball, and more trips to Culver's for the Flavor of the Day!!
How's your June shaping up???
6 comments:
Our June has a lot less going on than yours!! Good luck- maybe I need to up my game :)
I want to go to Artrageous myself ! It sounds like Project City or Craft Cabin or any of those fun activity-based places where you make lanyards, and pinecone owls, and learn to do swedish embroidery. I l.o.v.e.d those !
Yep Mom. That's pretty much the run-down for their Art camp...and they get to swim in the lake in the afternoons. Should be fun.
Sounds like a perfect summer so far! Summer chaos is a little unsettling at first-- but it finds a groove soon enough. Enjoy the time together!!
sounds like you have some great things planned! When it gets crazy remember you're making memories!
Have fun!
Hold on tight and enjoy the ride! A busy summer makes a memorable summer. And now you have AC to boot!
Post a Comment