We set up camp in the basement for the most part. That's where we moved all of our kitchen stuff. So we're preparing and eating food down there, while the fridge is now in the sunroom. We use the sink in the bathroom for drinks, hand washing, etc. It's a mess.
(Anybody want some old metal cabinets circa 1960??? Everyone keeps telling me to try and sell them on eBay, but I'm kinda thinking the scrap yard sounds about right...any opinions???)
But it's not all bad. I do see progress every day. Even since I took these pictures yesterday afternoon, they have finished the drywall, and are now taping and mudding the sheetrock. The wiring is all in place too. I think the next steps are installing the light fixtures, finishing the walls, finishing the tiling and grouting, and then painting. After the paint dries, they will install the cabinets, countertops, appliances, etc...and ultimately restore order to our universe.
We are soooooo excited to see the finished product!!!!!!
In the meantime, I LOVE my new tile!! Here is a view of the hallway leading back to the bedrooms.
4 comments:
oh wow!! It's really down to the bones! LOVE the tile.. I can't wait to see the rest. Sorry it's taking so much longer than expected.. it'll definitely be worth all the wait!
I know this process OH SO WELL :) It looks good!! You are getting close. Hopefully you have a super speedy contractor!! We hope to be not far behind you on completion !
The tile looks great! Just think how much you'll appreciate your new kitchen after "camping" in the basement. :) Hope the rest is quick & painless!!
What there is is lovely ! One of these days you will come out of the basement, and WOW ! And then, it will all be worth it !
Post a Comment