The girls and I decided to take advantage of the long weekend by going to Michigan to enjoy the colors and splendor of Autumn. I really don't think there is anything like it in the world. Fall in Michigan for me represents home, family, warmth, beauty, new beginnings, and feeling alive. I absolutely love it, and am trying to instill that love and appreciation in my kids.
Mark was in Arizona presenting a paper at the RMMLA Conference, soaking in the sun, seeing some of his first palm trees, and enjoying Tia Rosa with the Normans while the 4 of us gals frolicked and played in the fall sun, taking in the atmosphere with every fiber of our beings.
We met up with the Griswold's at a Cider Mill in Plymouth called Three Cedars. It was lots of fun. We enjoyed a hayride out to a pumpkin patch, drank some yummy cider and ate hot, fried cinnamon sugar donuts. They had cute exhibits for the kids to enjoy including storybook animals, playgrounds and slides, a wooden choo choo train, sidewalks to ride tractors on, and a huge grain bin to play in. It was impressive. The kids had a lot of fun playing, and it was fun to just enjoy the weather and be together.
The rest of our weekend was spent visiting with Grandma (Grandpa was in Utah with the Day's for Max's baptism), and Aunt Vicki all the way from Spokane!! It was great to sit and talk and watch the kids play. Moments like these just don't happen often enough. Not to mention the fact that these kids just keep growing up and soon we will wish we could just sit around and watch them play. There I go gettin' all sentimental again!
Anyway, even though it was a bit exhausting wrangling the girls across 3 states to get there and back, it was an awesome trip and am so glad we went!! Can't wait until the next one!
5 comments:
cute pics!! 3 cedars is my new favorite! I am so glad we could spend the day together.
I have 2 other comments;
Cole looks like a blind man with my sunglasses on, and NO, I am not pregnant in that pic to any wondering eyes. That's just how I "roll". haha.
Now come back soon ya hear!!! We miss you guys already. ;)
Nobody mentioned the sleep-over on Friday night w/the Griz boys and the Brown girls. Nothing better than cousins !
Parker thought she was in on it all making "Pokee" be her pal in all fun things.
I'm giggling at Cole's little blind man glasses-- and wishing oh, so, much that I could have been there. What a great weekend together
It looks exactly how I remember a Michigan autumn to be.... PERFECT!!
We had a great time here, and loved getting to see Mark. He was a great sport with my crazy kiddos-- and won us all over with his awesome uncle skillz. LOVE YA MSB!
I second the "awesome uncle skillz"
! MSB is quite famous round these parts, too! My boys are a fan.
So sad we didn't get to hook up with you guys...Saturday we went from one activity to the next, all day long. We are finally going to the Cider Mill ourselves this weekend. Hugs to you all!
Post a Comment