Well it finally came today. We woke to a frosted lawn and snow-drifted roads this morning. It was a welcome sight. Parker didn't even know what it was at first...that's kind of sad don't you think? Anyways, the girls were delighted and so were Mark and I, until we both set out to drive in it.
I made my way to a new playgroup at the Church this morning...went my usual back roads through the country route and about slid off the road a few times. I kept reminding myself that it was just the fact that it my first time out, and that things would be fine...I probably should've turned back then. Ho hum. After playgroup (another post for another day), I had to run to the grocery store cuz Charlie was out of food, and I knew it would be another few days till we'd be making any trips to town. By the time I got done with that, got a quick lunch from the Wendy's drive thru, and got back on the road the snow was really coming down and a LA-HOT was accumulating already. I decided to take the Interstate home to make sure I didn't slide off into some farmer's field. It took me almost an hour to get home!! Boo-hoo and whoa is me! The first snow and I should be all melancholy and sentimental and instead I am cursing the skies above for the tension headache I now have and for the huge timesuck it was to drive today. :-(
Alas all is not lost...Mark came home early due to the College closing down for inclement weather and we were able to watch a new episode of Revenge while Parker finished her nap. Pretty sweet treat for a snowy winter afternoon. And we just got done with our dinner of homemade chicken noodle soup and warm rolls for dinner. Chocolate chip cookies are baking in the oven right now.
Maybe this whole snowed-in winter thing isn't ALL that bad!! ;-) Maybe we'll even get to kick it off with a snow day tomorrow and get a 4 day weekend!!
3 comments:
Oooh boy do I have to tell you about trying to start a playgroup in my ward... uggh!! Hope yours was fun??
The one thing I don't miss about seasons is driving in snow!!! So sorry!!! I do think yummy chicken noodle soup, rolls, and Mark's cookies make up for it though. What a cozy start to REAL winter!!!
I am envious of the snow. I love it and we have nada. I wish we could come bum some dinner off ya, it sounds DELISH!
Our snow came last night (Fri.) and today a bit more = 2-3 inches, but tonite the ice cometh ! Brrr !
Post a Comment