Monday, October 29, 2012

The Politically Correct Version of a Ward Halloween Party

Friday night was our Ward's "Fall Festival", otherwise known as the Halloween party. I don't know why we can't just call it a Halloween party. Is it because it's at the Church? Is it because we are not supposed to acknowledge that we actually celebrate Halloween? Whatever. It was a Halloween party. There were costumes, games, a spook alley, candy, and a chili cook-off. There was supposed to be cornbread, but the members didn't get that memo. There were, however, plenty of desserts too, and fortunately they were abundant, and yummy!!


Maryn and Avery's creativity was in full swing. Avery wanted to be a "Voodoo Doll". This is what we came up with. By the end of the night, she had exactly 3 pins left in her heart pillow. Uh-oh, guess that means that people better remember to wear their shoes in the building for awhile...:) Also, hopefully those ginormous vacuum cleaners actually work!! Maryn was the "Invisible Man/Tween". She wanted to use actual strips of gauze for her face, but we decided that would be better for Halloween itself.


Parker was Supergirl again. What can I say? I bought her a frilly Dora flamenco dancer costume this summer from a garage sale, and when I brought it out to show her, she was like, "no!! I need to be a super-hero!" I guess she's got the world to save, not to entertain flamenco style. Plus I think she's kind of over Dora. She doesn't seem as interested and in love as she once was. Oh well, I'm getting used to her dramatic mood swings. LOL!!


This is Parker's little buddy at Church. They were born 1 month apart, and he is the older of the two. They have been little twins so far, but now the divide (height-wise) is growing. I just think they are so cute together. Maybe my dreams of them marrying aren't so realistic anymore?


Parker wanting to help vacuum. She hates the vacuum at home, but she loved this one!! Nothing like pulling out the industrial vacuum to tell the Ward members that the party's over! Time to go home!!

Until we meet again....next HALLOWEEN!!

3 comments:

Shalee said...

I love it! I need to pull some motivation out of a magic hat and make my kids' costumes. (I really hate Halloween!)

melanie said...

I am just giggling like crazy over here... from P choosing superpowers over flamenco, the industrial vacuums, lost pins, & celebrating the "fall festival"... hee-hee-hee!!

Paul and Linda said...

Ottawa Ward ... the most bo-o-o ring Ward on the Planet !

(However, some of the most clever people live there ... at 723 Wauponis !)

Am just getting such a kick out of Maryn and Ave's uniqueness for costumes ! Who else would have thought of those ?

Miss P. and boyfriend foretell further height issues !