Look out 40, here he comes!!!
This is what I get when I say "SMILE" for a picture now...gotta love it I guess. That chocolate cake was seriously problematic for me. You can kind of see the toothpick reinforcements. Blah!! My cake stand is already lopsided, and when I started icing the cake, it was so unbalanced that it started sliding right off! Well in any event, it tasted amazing! I made it from scratch, which for me is the ultimate act of love because I do not like to bake. I didn't have a cake mix at home (my usual), so I used a recipe from Hershey's. Seriously, what have we been doing all our lives?!? It's both good and bad, because we all were dying at the delicious-ness, but now everyone is going to expect one!!
Here is the gift that Avery made for Mark. It's an "Awesome Dad" jetpack...you know, for when he has to fight crime and stuff. LOL!

3 comments:
At least the toothpicks are festive :) Looks like a fun birthday! I love the jet packs. See if they'll fly you all to Idaho!
Remember your "upside-down" cake ? I guess Sliding Cakes are in your genes ... :o) !
Ave should get a patent on those jet-packs and garner the Father's Day market.
Where does Avery even come up with her ideas?!?!? Love it. Perfect gift for super-dad. Happy Birthday MSB!
Post a Comment