Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Birthday Significance
My birthday this year is significant because it is the end of an era. The end of my "thirties", so to speak. Another decade down, gone, over, past, finito...I apologize if this sounds a little depressing, I guess I am just feeling really "mortal" today.
But seriously, where does the time go people?!? Where?! Where, I ask you!?! Finishing up my thirties has caused some serious, inward searching. What have I done with this decade? Am I a better person? Did I do any good in the world? What kind of person do I want to be going into my forties? What do I want, nay NEED to accomplish in the next ten years?!?
Oh the humanity!!
In other news, my birthday has been fan-tabulous!! As with other birthdays in the past, it has stretched over the length of an entire weekend! Love when that happens! Last Thursday we hit the road to Michigan to accompany Mark to his prospectus defense at WSU on Friday. Which, by the way, went swimmingly. He passed with flying colors, and is mere months away from being done for good. I can't tell you how great that makes us all feel! GREAT, I tell you! Saturday we spent the day feeding ducks and playing at the park in Farmington Hills. Gorgeous, spring weather! That night the Griswolds hosted a summer kick-off/birthday bash for me at their place. Grilled burgers, dogs, corn on the cob, fruit salad, chips, cold beverages...all the makings for a good time! Also the best chocolate bday cake with ice cream, serenaded and presented to me by all my favorite people. It was glorious! Thanks again for making it extra special!
So my actual birthday was yesterday, and it continued to be a great day! Mark and Parker and I got some lunch, and then I had to work. Oh well, that's life. When I got home, Mark had grilled dinner and the girls had baked me another cake! It was so lovely. I am truly blessed. I love my little family, and I am so grateful I get to spend another year on this earth with them.
Stay tuned for my top ten highlights from my thirties...I'll try not to be too morbid this time!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I remember my 39th birthday ... I think !
Anyway, onward to the 40's ! They are such a revelation !
I love your insight, Suz!! Can't wait to hear your Top Ten. From my experience, your 40's won't be as bad as you think! You'll care less what others think about you as you throw caution to the wind and check-off the things on your bucket list!!
Happy 39th!!!
I can't wait for your top ten too! Happy Birthday Sis, I'm glad your day was springy glorious & filled with plenty of yummy chocolate cake.
Now... welcome that new decade with some panache!!
missing you guys! So happy to spend your "almost" birthday with you. Too bad the candles melted into your cake...there was just so gosh darn MANY of them! haha.
Love you!
Post a Comment