I think I posted earlier this year about how we are members of the Chicago Field Museum, and we usually use that membership to help pass the dreary winter months. This year we decided to become Zoo members to help us pass the spring/summer/fall months. We have enjoyed getting to know our little Peoria Zoo better over the years. It's small, but sweet. It will hold a special place in our hearts I think. Especially our beloved giraffes. :)
During our break from school for the girls, we made a lovely Spring day of it with a picnic at a park halfway down to Peoria in a little town called "Washburn". We love traveling through the little towns on the way to the city, and this one is especially cute. We have even caught Washburn on the day of their town-wide garage sales before, and that was a special treat!! They have a fabulous park for being such a small town, so we decided to enjoy that on our way to the Zoo!
1 comment:
Parker's wave in that last pic is my FAVORITE!! She is so excited about the whole adventure! Though a close second is the pic of Mark telling Parker to eat 3 bites of her sandwich before going to play... :)
I love family outings, and it's so nice to have a "place" to go when you have a membership somewhere. Hope there are lots more spring days (that are not flooded?!!?) for you soon!!!
Post a Comment