Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day '14

For the Fourth (haha) of July, we enjoyed a day in Livonia with the Griswolds and the Grandparents.  It was lots of fun to hang in their backyard (with this gorgeous summer weather!) playing games, and bbq-ing.  





As part of the festivities we played a game called "red-white-blue" where Grandpa and Maryn smoked the rest of us!

We also played a round of patriotic sidewalk chalk art with awards for all!











The food was delicious, and the company even better!  I love this country, but especially the blessing of being back in my home state this year.  It's so great to be close to family, and the places that hold so many happy memories for me.


 


We made it back to Midland in time for the Fireworks!  We had been hearing some great things about it, so we were excited!  We had great seats on the lawn of our church building and were able to visit with friends during the festivities.  It was the perfect ending to a great day!



God Bless America!!

1 comment:

melanie said...

I love that first pic with Dad asleep!!! Bwahaha!!! What a fun way to celebrate with all my favorite people! I wish teleporting would just get invented already so I can be there next year. Sheesh!!!