Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day of School and a Walk Through Time

The big girls started school on Tuesday.  It's bittersweet.  It's normally not so hard for me, but this year is definitely different.  I am conflicted.  I am excited for them, and confident they will do great!  At the same time, I am super aware that TIME just keeps marching on, and waits for no one!!  Another year of school just means that they are growing up too fast for me to handle...I can't pause it, I can't rewind it, I just have to go with it!  That is the part that is conflicting me!!

8th grade and 7th grade this year.  Makes me want to cry a little bit.



For Maryn, it will be the last year of middle school and next year she will be a FRESHMAN in HIGH SCHOOL!  AGHHHHH!!!!


For Avery, a new transition at a new school.  She made the difficult decision to switch over to the middle school just down the street from our house.  In the long run, we all know she will be happier here.  She has made great friends in our ward (and at girl's camp) that all go to this middle school, so it's a natural fit for her.  This way she can do 7th and 8th here and then both girls will be at the same high school in a couple years.  Once again, AGHHHH!!!


Because I'm such a sap, I just had to include this little walk through time.  Some of these pictures seem like just yesterday, and I know everyone always says that, but it's true!  I can still remember curling their hair, and tying their shoes, and giving them a kiss on the crown of their head...oh man, here come those tears again!  AGHHHHH!!!

2013-2014
2012-2013
2011-2012
2010-2011

2009-2010
2008-2009
2007-2008
 
2006-2007

2005-2006

2004-2005

2 comments:

melanie said...

SO cute!!! I almost had forgotten Avery's adorable bald head!!! What a fun collection of "first days" they will always have together. It was surreal to me to send my kids all to different schools this year. ACK!!! Time keeps a'marchin'-- that's for sure!

Paul and Linda said...

awww ... love these girls !