Friday, May 22, 2015

An Update on The Girls

Maryn:
 

Maryn loves stake dances right now.  She also loves her bff, Katherine (on the left, who is from the other ward).  Mark and I were able to chaperone a stake dance at the beginning of May, and so her and Katherine began getting ready for the dance at approximately 3 in the afternoon.  The dance was at 7.  They looked cute, and had fun. 




I think Mark and I had more fun though.  It was absolutely fascinating watching the spectacle.  Teenagers are a fascinating species.  I could've written an anthropology paper just sitting there observing them.  Haha!!  Maryn had a great time!  She danced with lots of boys, and then the very last ladies choice...guess who she chose?!?  Awwwww!!!!


This is her "wall" in her bedroom.  She changes it up fairly often, and it helps give insight into her "inspirations" at any given moment.


She's also big into fashion and Pinterest right now, so I am constantly seeing her styling herself with pre-planned outfits.  Ahhh, to be 14 again...



Avery:

Avery took Art second semester and a few of her pieces were chosen for the Spring Art show.  We enjoyed going and seeing her talents on display, and afterwards we grabbed some dinner. Yes, she still enjoys things other than sports!  :)



This is when Avery didn't want to pose by her work anymore cuz people were watching...gosh Mom!  So Mark and Maryn posed in her place...this is actually Avery's artwork.


Avery has also been taking Guitar on the side, and is getting quite good.  You should ask her to strum a tune for you sometime! (But don't ask her to take a pic, 'cuz she won't let you...people are watching! Gosh Mom!)

MarynAvery:

They have started a blog together.  It's called Prism.  You should read it!  And comment, too...cuz we all know it's all about the validation at this age, right?!?

Anyway, this was a photo shoot I found in my camera roll that they obviously shot for blogging purposes...I think it's kinda cute and gives some added insight into their "world". 










Parker:

She has been taking ballet again this year.  She has really made progress this year, thank heavens!  I tell you, the difference a year can make...especially when it came to Parker between 4 and 5 years old!  Anyway, her teacher was Miss Olga again, and they just love each other.  It's so nice to have a teacher who accepts your quirky kid and loves them anyway.  She had an "end of the year" presentation instead of a recital, and I was very grateful.  We didn't have to buy pricey costumes, participate with much older dancers, or worry about rehearsals, etc.  It was just right for her "little class".




Here are some of her masterpieces from school from this past spring


This is a corner of her room.  They did an "All About Me" unit in school, and this was her traced body print filled in.  I wondered about the brown hair, but that's what she thinks she has.  Go figure!


This was a class trip to the "Fun Zone" park in town.


She is getting much better with her writing and reading too.  (When I can get her to sit down and focus long enough anyway.)


There you have it...a little glimpse into the girl's worlds...hope you enjoyed it!

No comments: