Friday, January 29, 2016

Parker's Timeline Project and other Artistic Ventures

Parker had an assignment for her kindergarten class to complete a timeline of her life. The only criteria were to include three major events: birth, something in between, and the present.  Pretty simple, right?  Sure!  No problem!!  I started going through the files of pictures, and whoa!  The memories and nostalgia of it all was a little overwhelming!  How could I possibly break her life into 3 major events?!?  The more I dug through our photos and started reminiscing, the bigger the project became.  It was hard to narrow it down!!  I know it was waaaay more than she needed to have, but it was such a FUN project to get involved in together.  It took a tiny bit of the guilt over the fact that she doesn't have a baby book away (AAAHHHH, the shame, the horror!!) and helped me to catch a new appreciation and perspective for this sweet girl of mine. 




She is one in a million!  Love her!!


Here are a few pieces from her "winter collection!!" Anyone who knows me well knows that I love the seasonal/holiday decor in my house.  I have loved how Parker helps keep me decorated with plenty of seasonal themed art for my door and fridge.



Each month, her teacher has them "write the room" with the different seasonal things going on.  I love these!!  I'm not sure if you can see it really well, but her drawing and writing are both coming along really well.



1 comment:

melanie said...

She takes after her Mom and her Dad!! So cute. Still need to see more of your cute house!!!!