Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Some Pictures, Finally!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get our Easter pics uploaded. We had a great one this year. We enjoyed a nice visit with Mark's parents. They drove cross-country from Idaho, and had a pretty easy trip until they hit a random Spring snow storm in Indiana and had to slow way down. I'm just glad they made it in one piece. The girls woke up to not only Easter baskets and eggs on Saturday morning, but Grandma and Grandpa all the way from Rigby!

Easter baskets



Reunited with Grandma Brown



We took them downtown on Saturday. Mark drove them around the "sights" of Detroit (I think I heard Dennis lock the doors at some point), we had lunch in Mexican Village, and then went to the DIA (Detroit Institute of Arts). Avery volunteered to be our (bossy) tour guide and showed them all of her favorite paintings and places. We all took some good, long naps when we got home that afternoon.



Avery and Grandpa had some important discussions during their visit. Maybe they're talking about the different types of Impressionism depicted at the DIA. What do you think? Too cute!



We finally had a family picture taken by Laurie before Church on Sunday. It's been awhile. The girls didn't end up with the poofy, frilly, pastel dresses I imagined. Instead, they picked out what they wanted and I think they both suit their personalities really well. They both felt pretty cute getting all gussied up. Mark even consented to wearing the pink tie we bought him for Easter a few years back. Me? Mine's not new, although I did buy something. I just need to wait till it gets warmer to wear it. IF that ever happens.



The next picture is actually from this past Friday. Upon hearing news that we had Dentist appts. (just cleanings) on Saturday morning, there was more tooth drama. Maryn has another tooth that is hanging onto gum only at this point that she will NOT give up. Many of you probably question whether Maryn has this side to her personality as she is so mellow and friendly so much of the time. But here it is, in all it's raw, terrified, and stubborn glory...poor girl!

3 comments:

melanie said...

Ha-Ha!! Aspeclly DAD!!!

Cute easter pics, the girls look so grown up!

Stacie said...

That last picture is awesome. But they are all great. Cute pics! Love the family one.

J'Amy Day said...

I finally learned, after many a tooth-pulling tantrum, to just leave them alone and it will eventually just come out itself. Riley was the worst! It would take weeks for those little buggers to be freed from their gummy chains. Now she just pulls them out herself!