- It is General Conference. Hooray!
- Jeff and Shauna are running the St. George Marathon on Saturday morning.
- It is the anniversary of our engagement 10 years ago.
- I have a 12-miler scheduled for the morning.
Don’t you just love Conference time? A whole weekend of spending time hunkered down at home in your sweats, with the family, feeling the Spirit and listening to wonderful talks, chomping on yummy snacks, and just pure relaxation. Not to mention I don’t have to teach Primary on Sunday…love TV church!
I’m so proud of Jeff and Shauna going for the marathon gold this weekend. I know they’ve worked hard and are ready. Jeff is becoming like a wise old pro. I think this is his 4th marathon, but I’m not sure. He really knows his stuff. He looks great…he told me he’s dropped like 20 lbs. during his training and actually weighs less than I do right now. (Don’t ask!) He just keeps getting better with age. For Shauna, this is her first marathon, but she’s done several triathlons before this. She’s learned a lot and has much wisdom to impart to me. I just hope and pray that she can calm her nerves enough to get some sleep on Friday night. I know she’ll be up every hour on the hour looking at the clock, nervously re-folding her clothes, and checking to make sure everything. is. just. right. Poor girl. I hope and pray she can get some sleep. My Dad is joining them to be their cheerleader. His brother, my uncle Mike lives in St. George, so it’s a good reason to spend time with him as well. I almost wish I could be there cheering them on as well. Race days are so exciting.
I had really wanted to scan a couple pictures of us on our engagement day. But alas, I ran out of time. "I didn’t get around to it, okay?" (Name that movie quote.) I’m bummed. It would have made such a cute blog post. (You know you strategize them in your own mind.) Anyway, yes we look young, yes we look skinny, and yes we look deliriously happy and sappily in love. It’s an interesting story. I don’t want to go into too much detail, but to give you a taste, it took place in a cemetery…macabre engagement anyone? Fitting for the Halloween season, I think.
And let’s not forget about the 12-miler scheduled for the morning. EEK! I don’t know why this freaks me out. But it does, and I feel scared. I get so nervous. I know my route, and I am SOOO much better prepared for this run than ones I’ve done in the past. I’ve had some very helpful, informative talks with both of my sibling guru’s. Shauna in particular emailed me a list of things “to do”. On it she listed vitamins and supplements I should be taking, when and how much to hydrate, how to replenish during the run with Gu, and to take a protein shake post-run to help repair muscles quicker (so I don’t lay around in a hazy fog all day long). She also chastened me to throw away my Costco-sized box of Fiber 1 bars. If you’ve eaten them, you probably already know the reason why. Suffice it to say that my family members will appreciate her advice and want to spend more time around me.
Anyway, so that’s the deal on our big deals of the week.
And I couldn’t be more happy that it’s Friday.
Wishing you all a relaxing and spiritual weekend!!
(And that J. Vos has that baby already! Prayers for a quick and easy delivery and a baby girl in your arms instead of your belly soon!!)
3 comments:
Kudos to you!
I have so much admiration for you and hope that everything goes well tomorrow!!!! I have always said that I would never willingly run a marathon. However, I'm convinced that it is something I try to do before I'm 50! Where do these weird, unnatural thoughts arise from?
I'm cheering for you!
So how did it go??? 12 miles is a.w.e.s.o.m.e! Congrats!
And a BIG thank you for tossing the Fiber 1 Bars before becoming roommates for a weekend. For Reals!
Amen on the Fiber 1's!!! Can't wait for Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment