Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sister’s Reunion 2008


When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?
~Pam Brown



That was the theme for the weekend. We laughed till we cried, we cried till we laughed. We played, we crafted, we read, we relaxed, we ran, we sat, we shopped, we ate, we spent precious time…together!! It was wonderful, and I only wish we all lived closer so that we could enjoy more time together and that weekends like these weren’t so few and far between.

Thanks and major props must go out to our menfolk who handled the kids and homesteads in our absence. We spent lots of time on the phone with frazzled husbands and hyper children, and although good to hear their voices, I don’t think any of us would have traded places in a million years. Thanks for allowing us this special time to be together Daren, Jeff, Mark, Jeff, and Ben.

This is what we did:

On Wednesday, Erin, Amy and I flew together from Detroit and arrived in Spokane around 11 am. Aunt Vicki and my Mom had been vacationing in Oregon and Washington for about a week before us and picked us up from the airport. The 5 of us went out to lunch at the Onion in Spokane. We shared a plate of onion rings the size of donuts. They were 1.69 a piece. Yikes!!

We picked up Melanie and Shauna from the airport and then got an extra rental car to drive up to the condo in Couer d’Alene. We arrived around 4. The condo was really nice, and had big comfy beds for all of us. We visited for awhile, and then went to Couer for dinner at Elmer’s. We got home pretty tired and all went straight to bed.

On Thursday, we got to go to the Zi Spa for Girl’s Day Out. We all got 2 services and then had lunch at the Spa. (I still regret not getting the salad. Hee hee.) I got a pedicure and a mini-massage. Bliss.


After the Spa, we got some groceries and headed back to the Condo for dinner in, crafting, and a movie. Shauna and I did a 4-miler in the mountains and practically died from drivers going way too fast on a 2-lane highway, and hills that were sucking my will to live. Amy taught us how to make bracelets, and we made matching bracelets that night, and watched “Dan In Real Life”.



On Friday, we headed into town for a boat ride around the Couer lake. It was fun, and we enjoyed the salty sea air. “I’m sailing…I’m a sailor!”



We also enjoyed an afternoon of shopping in the small downtown area. Lots of artisan jewelry and a toy shop with souvenirs for our kiddies. Before we left town, we ate at a fabulous Italian restaurant called “Angelo’s”. The best!!



On Saturday, we had to pack up and leave the condo. We stopped for lunch at a Chili’s in Couer, and then headed over to Spokane to Aunt Vicki’s house. Amy and I went out for a quick 4-miler around Vicki’s neighborhood, and when we got back we had our book discussion based on a book we had all read called, “The Runaway Quilt”. Very good.

That night, we got take out Q’Doba and ate at Aunt Vicki’s. We decided to stay in a motel close to the airport for early flights on Sunday morning, so we said our goodbyes on Saturday night.
Sunday morning, we left for home. It was bittersweet. So happy to see my little family again, but so sad that the fun couldn’t have lasted longer. It was a memorable and priceless experience. So fun!!

I love you guys!!

5 comments:

melanie said...

Reading this is like living it again! Sigh...
It was so awesome to be together, these trips are the best!

This weekend is the big race weekend, right? Good Luck!!!

Shauna said...

Because it took so long to post my pictures, I was scant with the words . . . your post put it perfectly.
I agree with Melanie - it's a bummer it's already over!

Stacie said...

What a fun trip! Glad you got to go.

Jennifer said...

I love that you included all the places you ate. That would totally be what I would care about. Sounds so fun!!

Anna said...

I really like the idea of the book discussion---what a great thing. Sounds like fun.