--I got to watch one of my favorite movies of all time on Sunday. Maryn was sick and I stayed home from church with her while she coughed and snorted all over me. It was one of those days where I knew neither one of us would be getting out of our pj's all day, nor would we be getting too far away from the couch. I turned to my old friend to pass the hours. I popped in the first cassette tape of "Anne of Green Gables" into the VCR. Maryn really enjoyed it, and the memories of watching it a million times previously came flooding back. By the time Mark and Ave got home, we popped in #2 and this time I got to watch it with Avery. She loved it so much she rewound it and played it again while I napped on the couch. I woke up around 4 or 5 and it was just ending. It was a wonderful day spent with my dear friend, Anne with an E and my daughters on the couch. Wonderful.
--I baked some cookies. I normally am not in charge of baking in our home. I do the cooking and Mark does the baking. But I had a really sweet tooth and was in need of something chocolate-y, so I busted out a recipe from Melanie (the chocolate guru), and made some Homemade Oreos. The soft chocolate cookie sandwiching sweet vanilla and chocolate frosting was just the ticket. They were so rich and decadent that even Mark could only eat just one. Yum!! Oh yeah, there's only 1 left and the girls don't get off the bus for another hour. Hee hee.
--Opening the blinds in the kitchen first thing in the morning. After I get the girls up, I usually go into the kitchen to get started on making their lunches. The sun has risen, but hasn't yet reached it's maximum potential. Everything looks bright and clean and refreshed, but still calm and serene. Practically the whole wall of our kitchen is windows now (remember our dark kitchen in Livonia?), and I absolutely love opening them all up and being able to feel like we're having breakfast in our backyard.
--Lost. There's a new one on tonight and Mark and I literally look forward to it from the closing credits of the one the week before. We love it, and I love that it's something that we love together. It's fun.
--Aldi. When I got layed off I immediately jumped on the Aldi bandwagon and started seeing savings immediately. When we got here, I was testing the different options and had kind of settled on shopping at Wal-Mart. Gasp!! I know!! The horror!! Well, my testimony of Wal-Mart has once again been confirmed...they suck!! The past few times I've gone, I have been disappointed. Once it was nasty, moldy hot dog buns, another time it was nasty, moldy strawberries only a couple days after buying them. The last straw was last week and opening a sealed package of MOLDY cheese slices!! They must be importing their food from China and not just all of their electronics and plastic crap!! Seriously, I was apalled. So back to Aldi I went this week. I not only got everything (mostly) on my list, but a whole case of pasta for food storage, and all of the food to feed my supper club on Saturday night for less than $100. You just can't deny that kind of power. My resolve is reborn. Down with Wal-Mart and in with Aldi!!
--Other faves include: yogurt and granola for breakfast, hummus and Stacey's pita chips for snax, Banana laffy taffy (don't ask!), and (drumroll, please!) Diet Caffeine-Free Coke!!!! I'm finally clean, ya'll!! Now THAT's something to be REALLY happy about!!
What are your favorites?
4 comments:
You're my favorite. Does that count?
Oh...so sweet. I love all of your favorites except for Lost. I'm waiting for it to all be over and then to watch it in a giant DVD marathon. Anne of GG is my absolute favorite and if Gilbert wasn't such an ugly name, it would be the name of one of my sons.
Love the post!!
A few of my favorite things ... Our children, their spouses and our grandchildren !
Post a Comment