What kind of a holiday is President's Day anyway? It doesn't really seem that legit to me, but who am I to complain when there is no work or (supposedly) school, right?
Mark had the day off today, but the girls had to go to school because apparently we've taken too many snow days this year, and today was a "make-up" day. I kind of half considered letting them take the day off anyway, simply because they really do need a break. They've been going straight since January and haven't had any sick days either.
Plus, we had weekend company. The Griswold's came to Tonica!! We were soooo excited to finally have some familiar faces come our way. The girls told everyone at school about their cousins coming, and we had a great time. Anyway, I figured if they were staying until Monday I would let the girls take Monday off, but they left on Sunday night instead (so the boys could sleep during the car ride instead of during daylight hours), and the excuses started running out.
Mark announced that there WOULD be school on Monday morning and that was that. Oh well.
He still had the day off, and we took advantage of it. He let me sleep in...took over packing lunches, combing hair, and dropping them off. Then we set out for some sight-seeing around the area. Today we checked out the small towns of Spring Valley, Princeton, and Mendota. We stopped for lunch at a small family restaurant in Mendota and had cheeseburgers, fries, and lots of diet coke. It was such a nice day. After lunch, he actually wanted to walk around Target with me too!!
So now we're home, and the girls are off the school bus, and I'm thinking, "a happy President's day" indeed!!
5 comments:
Where's the pictures ? Don't give me that : " We forgot the camera" excuse ! This was at your house ! Where's a picture of your house, the schools, the population 700 + 4 sign. Where's the "big fat smoocheroo shot of the girls and the boys ? We're beginning to forget what you look like !
(Except for Johnny Pumpkinhead, that is !)
Sounds like a great weekend! How fun to have the Griswold's visit AND get to spend a day exploring with Mark!
I L-O-V-E days like that!
Sleeping in??? I have some recollection of there once being a time when I kept my head on a pillow past 8AM. I hope to do it again someday. Lucky you.
What a great day! Sleeping in and spending a day with your hubby...doesn't get much better than that.
Post a Comment