Last week I hit my breaking point. I think it was the rain that put things over the top. I am usually okay to just live life week after week with little variation to what we do. Mark goes to work, the girls go to school, they have their after-school activites, sometimes play-dates. I really don't get "out" much though. (Besides the grocery store of course.)
Occassionally we'll go out to eat, but the choices are so limited around here that even that isn't as fun and adventurous as it used to be for me.
But last week I needed to get O-U-T!!
I was kinda getting a little down and discouraged. Once again, I think it was the rain, but who knows when you're dealing with pregnancy hormones. I could very well just be going crazy. (Just ask Mark on one of my "bad" days.) Anyway, I told Mark on Thursday night that I needed to get out of town. I think he was a little scared. He asked what I had in mind and I told him either we were going to the movies on Friday night or that we were driving down to Bloomington for the day on Saturday. I figured those two options were perfectly reasonable.
He suggested we do both. I happily agreed.
So Friday night, we took the girls to the Peru Mall and saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D! I think Mark and I enjoyed ourselves more than the girls. It was really entertaining. (Maybe I'm more sheltered than I thought.)
Saturday after a birthday party that Avery went to, we loaded up and drove down to Bloomington. The sun was shining (finally!) and it was so nice to get out of town. We went to the Mall there and did some shopping (they have a Motherhood store, yippee!), and the girls rode on their indoor carousel. Sadly, we both realized that they are both much too big for this now though. Ave's feet didn't move off of the floor of the carousel the whole time...she looked like a giant among all of the excited toddlers...oh well. After the Mall, we stopped at Barnes & Noble (Mark was a happy man), and some other stores. We capped off our night with dinner at QDoba, and Krispy Kreme's that were hot off the press...couldn't have been more perfect!!
When we pulled back into Tonica Saturday night, I was kinda surprised at how rejuvenated I felt. It was just nice to get away for a few hours and feel a part of civilization again. Is that so wrong? Well I guess if it is, I don't want to be right. (What song is that from? hee hee.)
Lots going on this week, I'll try to blog more. Maybe you'll get lucky and I'll even post some pics.
3 comments:
I have those days too, but I can't blame it on pregnancy hormones or rain....I guess I am just crazy! Glad you got out of the house! :) Sounds like you had a good time.
I'm giggling a little bit at that mental picture of Ava-Miss-Jones riding the carousel. Hee-Hee!!
Sounds like a nice day out! I'm crossing my fingers for pictures!
Krispy Kreme donuts pretty much cure any ailment at our house! Good for you!
Post a Comment