We left for Idaho on Wednesday, June 3rd and got through Iowa in the blink of an eye. We stopped for lunch at a Sonic in Des Moines. It was really, really good. (What is it about me and travelogues and needing to mention where we eat? Can you tell where my priorities are?) I seriously wish that there were one closer to me for this long, hot summer I have ahead of me...the thought of diet cherry limeades at my beck and call would be music to my ears (or stomach or whatever).
We made it into North Platte that night and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. It was nice and we all attempted to swim. I was mighty disappointed I couldn't sit in the hot tub. Bringing my big old maternity swimsuit was a waste after I remembered that little tidbit. Bah-humbug!!
(No, I didn't take any pictures of me in my big old maternity swimsuit...I should just burn it.)
The next day we made a stop at the Lincoln monument in Nebraska, which was fun until I saw a little baby strapped into the front seat of a UHAUL truck in the parking lot. It was all I could do not to wait there by the door and go off on her pierced and tattooed Daddy. Grrr..
We finally made it into Rigby around 10 that night. It was a long day in the car...those back roads past Little America seemed endless and took forever. We were so glad to get there and see Grandma and Grandpa!!
RIGBY
The first day we were in Rigby we took a field trip to Big Jud's. Once again, we were not disappointed. Did you know that fry sauce doesn't exist east of the Mississippi? Well, it doesn't and we'd missed it!! The girls had so much fun playing with their cousins this year...that was pretty much the schedule the entire time we were there. Lots of good play time with their cousins...couldn't ask for more.
On Saturday, June 6 many family members (Aunts and cousins mostly) came to Rigby for a baby shower for Baby Girl Brown. It was a great excuse to see family we haven't seen in a long time. We tied a baby quilt, had a yummy lunch, and visited all afternoon. It was really wonderful, and I appreciate everyone who came and all the nice presents that were given. Baby Girl will definitely have some cute things!!
(Aunt Fay and Aunt Nan put on this delicious spread...all class all the way!)
(Great Grandma, Aunt Nan in the rocker, Aunt Janiel, and Aunt Shirlene standing over the quilt.)
We also took a family picture, a grandkids picture, and a picture of the boys and their parents. They turned out pretty well considering how many people there were, and how much they all like to stay still and smile.
I'd say that pretty much wraps up Part I of my travelogue for today. Stay tuned for more Rigby goodness and our trip to Yellowstone.
3 comments:
I am compelled to comment on some of these pictures : 1. Maryn in the back seat with her blankie on her head and the balloon in front. Somehow that looks like she has a bergah (sp ? the arabic thing the women wear). 2. Maryn in the cowboy hat looking so very Ida-hoe ! 3. Mark and Dan looking so incredibly alike it is spooky. 4. Laurie's so happy face ! With hair ! So wonderful. And why didn't someone get a chair for Grandma Brown Sr. ?
I know! I couldn't believe she got down on one knee for that picture. It all happened so fast that there wasn't a whole lot we could do. The kids were so antsy and in a rush to get the picture taken. She was all right though...didn't seem to mind...she's really something.
Also, after I proofread my post I realized that I don't know if the term is "beckoned call" or "beck and call". Please tell me, I won't be insulted.
It is "beck" and "call", but the beck is the shortened "beckon" so you are right either way !
I forgot to ask ... did the Caterers give take-home baggies/recipes ? Looked like a wonderful spread !
Post a Comment