Ever since we decorated Parker's room, they had been wanting to change things up a bit. They wanted something a little bit more "grown-up" to replace the pastel pinks, yellow, and greens they had had since Maryn was 5 and Avery was 3.
So true to form, Santa delivered...big time!! He found adorable new comforters in contrasting hot pink and white polka dots and the rest we have come up with together since Christmas. I must say it has really come together and the room looks very girly, bright, and fun.
This is Maryn's side. I found their white letter initials and then painted some frames white, and added a hot pink and white polka dot paper background for over their beds. We also found plain white frames and framed their school pics on the window wall...it just so happened that they both wore hot pink for their pics...can you stand the matchy matchy?!? HA!
This is Avery's side. We found these large pink wire flowers for the wall, and this cool flower lamp at Home Depot (on clearance for $12!) This is probably one of their most favorite parts of their new room. The flowers are white, pink, and green.
We let the girls pick the paint color for the walls, it is called "Honeydew". It is brighter than what I would have chosen, but I think it contrasts with the hot pink and white nicely. The girls also picked a brown rug for the floor. This was originally the color they wanted for the walls, but I just couldn't consent to painting their walls a dark brown. Even though the color was called "chocolate fudge" it reminded me too much of something else...ahem...hee hee.
We also found cute baskets and buckets with pink, green, and white to add some much needed STORAGE!! Because heavens know these girly girls have a lot of JUNK!! Oops, I mean TREASURES that they insist on saving (hoarding).
Overall, I think they are very happy with their new room. I think I hear them in there now, blasting the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus on their CD player and chillaxin' in their new "girl cave"!! HA!!
8 comments:
Verra verra cute ! I like the trade pillowcase idea for tying the two beds together, and, yet ... apart ! ;o)
Martha (and Grandma) say "It's a good thing !"
They sound so grown up! The room is adorable! Love it!
ADORABLE!! Glad you went with the honeydew and not the "fudge" walls! hee hee! Love it!
I LOVE IT! I always love how you decorate, so this is not surprising at all. You have inspired me to bite the bullet and make some (more) changes around my house :)
What a great makeover! The room looks so fun and girly...but not baby girly, more like "tweeny". Do you find yourself stopping in their doorway and just looking at all the cuteness??
I approve!
Awesome!! It's the perfect more grown up look-- I'm especially digging that flower lamp!!
I noticed the microphone there too-- Hallie would love to join in on the Taylor Swift sing-alongs!
The room makeover was definitely a success! Isn't decorating fun?
Love the lamp! What a steal!
Post a Comment