
This man is turning 72 today! And he barely looks a day older than when this photo was taken! (ha ha!) This was Dad's mission photo...he served in the "England" mission...back then it wasn't divided as it is now...I think the boundaries were literally the whole country.

This was Dad in August of 1965. I think that's SLC after he and Mom were married. Right?

And this was Dad's pride & joy...the one car he got to choose himself without having to be brand loyal (cough, Ford, cough). I must say it's a pretty sweet looking set of wheels.
I hope you have a fabulous birthday Dad!! You're the best!!
3 comments:
I love these pics!!
Hope you have a great day dad!! Love you!
Suzy,
Wow, you took me back so many years ago. Mom and I were trying to figure out the year and occasion for the picture. It may have been for my Ford employment (June 1965). The 1959 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe was my post mission purchase. I loved that car and tried to keep it looking good. The only problem with it is that it did not have A/C. Mom and I drove it back to Michigan when I started working for Ford Motor Co.
The chubby picture (black and white) was taken just before we finished school at the U in 1965. I was standing on the driveway near the entrance to our basement apartment. We wanted to get a view of the valley in the picture, but it didn't turn out as well as we had hoped.
Thanks again Suzy for taking the time for sharing these pictures, I really enjoyed looking at them again.
I love the pictures of Parker taken just a few days ago and reading your post.
Much love,
Dad
Of course, I was the photog in the last two pix. The one of Dad overloooking the valley was taken the spring before we left SLC to come to MI. They wore sleeves shorter then, and hair-cuts as well.
The one of his Impala shows off the fins that made it famous. We drove that boat out here on I-80 which was a 2 lane hwy much of the way, and back again to sell it in UT where it garnered a better price. We flew home on the proceeds. :o)
Post a Comment