Friday, August 27, 2010

Stampin' Good Time

I think that blogging is the new scrapbooking and facebook and twitter are the new stamping parties. Remember when scrappin' and stampin' were where it was at?!? We would spend oodles of money on supplies and spend oodles of time tucked away in our craft dens...working our creative fingers to the bone...intoxicated with cute ideas, fuzzy fibers, sparkly glitter, and cardstock in every color of the rainbow??? Furthermore, stamping parties were the social mecca for stay-at-home Mom's to mingle, dish, and provide encouragement and support...I miss those days quite frankly!!

I mean don't get me wrong, I love blogging and Facebook (haven't done the twitter thing yet though). But I do believe they have replaced a favorite past time of mine...gettin' crafty and having parties with my homegirls. Now we express our creativity online...who has the cutest blog layout? Who comes up with the most clever titles? Who has the best pictures? And instead of getting together for a stampin' up party, we keep each other updated on our going's on a minute to minute basis via facebook. "Baby just puked for the hundredth time...somebody save me!" or "Have you tried the new pork carnita tacos at Taco Bell? Well don't, they suck!" See what I mean...why get together to chat when you can chat continously all.day.long!?!

Well anyway, I'm kickin' it old school again. I'm giving up the facebook for awhile and goin' back to my roots. I recently pulled out my stamping supplies and paraphanalia to make some first birthday invites for little Miss P. And I had so much fun doing it. I stamped, I embossed, I cropped, I glued, and I came up with clever phrases. It felt good, and didn't involve me staring a monitor for hours on end...updating my status for the tenth time today with a news breaking bulletin, "Making those chocolate chip cookies seemed like a good idea earlier today, but now that it's 10 pm and the kids are finally asleep...maybe not so much." So win, win...right?

Anyway, anybody up for a Stampin' up party????







BTW, you're all officially invited to Parker's party...wish you could be there!!

6 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

As much as it used to drive me c.r.a.z.y, I miss the scrappin' days of the calendars ! I would probably still be doing them if Christmas and January weren't so close together !
When I quit cross-stitching I had magazines, pattern books, tons of the cross-stitch cloth, and enough embroidery thread to fill three shoe boxes. Nobody wanted any of it ! A dead art. Hope that doesn't happen to stampin' and scrappin' !
(My supply store is called "Scrappy Chic" ! )

Shalee said...

I agree. But, I must say I like goofing with "craft supplies" in Photoshop rather than making a mess in my house :) Love the cards. The owls are adorable. We wish we could be there too.

Erin said...

those invites are too cute!! Great job! I wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys. boo.

melanie said...

Those are so cute! I love the owls!

As much as I love blogging, I love creating stuff with my hands too. I hope it's not a dying art! There's nothin' like a little modge podge under your fingernails!! :)

Shauna said...

So cute!! I agree with you and Mel entirely. Sisters Reunion: Park City, part II?

Stacie said...

And I made my comment about your creativity before I saw these.... Fabulous! So sad you had to cancel. By the way, I agree with your analogy, and it makes me a little sad. I love those get-togethers; they are much more fun than sitting behind a computer by yourself!