
This morning I woke up with a sore back. It was kind of twingey and a little stiff, but I figured once I got up and movin' it would warm up, the kinks would work themselves out, and by noon I'd be fit as a fiddle. (Not sayin' I'm fit as a fiddle in the least, but you get my drift, right?)
Nope, not so much.
As the day has progressed, I have become more and more uncomfortable. I really knew I was in for trouble when I picked up Parker at one point and felt something stretch a little too far...can you say hyper extension? Yikes...OUCH!!
So here I am...on the couch. Had to call in "sick" to work at the Writing Center. Luckily Mark is here to watch baby as I should be at work. But no, I'm on the couch...flat on my back...wondering what went wrong and what to do next.
I've taken a big fat Motrin 600 (left over from c-section, which as of this Saturday was exactly 1 year ago :-) and am hoping for the best. But I already know what's going to happen. From past experience I am looking at at least 3 days of hobbling around, gripping walls and steady surfaces, wincing and moaning in twingey back pain...it's a pretty picture isn't it?
Sad thing is I just had to send out a group email cancelling Parker's 1st birthday shin-dig on Saturday. I already know there's no way I can pull it off...it makes me choke up a little just thinking about it. Don't get me started. Pity party for 1, please.
Anyway, I'll keep you posted. I seem to be really good at keeping people posted online when I'm quarantined to the couch and all. :-)
5 comments:
Weak back ... another of your maladies that you can blame on me. Sorry !
(BTW, one 600 Motrin = 3/ 200's Self-dosage ... ;o) )
Sorry. That stinks. I highly recommend a chiropractic adjustment. We have had good luck with that. Good luck!
Oh no! I'm sorry Suz, that sounds just miserable!! P won't even be the wiser if her shin dig is on another day.
Take it easy!
But those announcements were so cuuuute!! (can you hear the whine?)
Bummer Suz. Hate to think of the pain! Taker easy and listen to your sis Melanie . . . she's right ya know.
Ouch! Reading this a bit late...hope yer off the couch by now. If not, keep your feet up girl!
Post a Comment