Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Guess "Whoo" Turned 1!?!

Our little Parker Peanut, that's whoo-whoo!!



As you may recall, my back went out just in time for this momentous occasion...probably WHY it went out quite frankly. I was stressing and worrying myself into a tizzy. I wanted everything to be cute and perfect, and wasn't getting enough sleep...too busy dreaming of owl-themed cupcakes and tablecloths I guess. ANY-WHOOOO, after the party got cancelled my mind was able to rest a bit, but I still couldn't just give up on celebrating Miss P's big day!! I mean come on!!



So we forged ahead. The girls actually put together the decorations and arranged the cute table-scape. I was so impressed.



I was able to stand long enough to decorate her owl-riffic birthday cake. (That's her little hand reaching up to snag either the tablecloth or the cake...I'm telling you, this girl cannot be stopped!)



We all sang "oh somebody's had a birthday" and watched as she studied that owl's face like it was a long-lost friend.

She hated the cake...even after Daddy and Avery plunged her little fist into it over and over again. She wanted nothing to do with it.

But the ice cream...now that was another story...she LOVED it!! So much so, that she stuck the entire scoop into her mouth and gave not only the biggest brain freeze of all time, but almost choked on her day of birth!! That was a surreal moment, and not something we need to dwell on for very long. After a finger sweep and some water, she was back to normal again.

A quick dip in the tub, fresh jammies, and our little birthday girl opened her presents--a pink purse filled with lipstick and mirror, bracelet, and keys. Oh and a toy phone...all the essentials for a girl on the go, you know.

And that she IS!! A girl on the G-O!!! She is so busy these days. Taking 3-4 steps at a time. Sick of crawling, she hops everywhere on her knees. We have to gate, close doors, arrange blockades, put things up high--all day long. She's a whirlwind. But so cute...how have we managed without her all these years? She brings us all so much happiness and light. We are so happy to be celebrating a whole year of Parker!!

7 comments:

J'Amy Day said...

I'm first! I'm first!!

Happy Birthday, Miss P! What a lucky girl to have such a beautiful cake all to yourself. But at my house, the kiddos would have gone for the ice cream, too.

(and a Happy B-Day to Hannah's "twin-cousin"! Hope it's a great one!)

Paul and Linda said...

I yield to Amy. She must be up first today ! (With Riley at 6 am Seminary, of course she's up first !)

And to Parker Peanut ... another stunning addition to the Famiy of Beautiful Brown Babes ! Happy Birthday ! It has been such fun watching her grow up on the Blog.

And to the Cutest Cake on the Block ... YUM !

melanie said...

Adorable Party for an Adorable Parker! Happy Birthday again!

I love that last picture of her getting squished--it needs a frame fo' sho'.

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday, Parker! I cannot believe it has been a whole year! What a great idea for a cake. Your creativity continues to impress me, Suzy!

Shalee said...

It's all so cute- little girls most of all! I love the cake- may have to use that idea sometime.

Erin said...

so cute!! She really is Mark's clone. What an adorable cake...way to go!! And I love the cute table spread...so adorable. Happy Birthday, Miss Parker purple people eater!

Shauna said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Miss Parker!!

I know my post sounds just like everyone else's but, what a darling cake! You did such a good job. It's too bad you didn't get the chance to show off all your creativity. Those of us who visit the blog already know how creative you are . . .

I feel the need for a sister's reunion craft session coming on . . .