This was right after Laurie's initial breast cancer diagnosis before she started chemotherapy for the first time. (That is the last time we saw her "real" hair.)
Speaking of hair, Avery used to love to have Laurie curl her hair with her small curling iron and then give her curly piggy tails. They both LOVED all the unique dress up clothes that Grandpa found at yard sales...I mean a figure skating costume, seriously?!? Awesome memories.
It's still amazing to me how so much can change in a matter of just a few years. We had no idea how short our time with them would be at that point. It still seems like just yesterday. But time marches on, and so do we.
Still though, it's nice to have these happy memories to look back on from time to time. Sure do miss them.
3 comments:
Priceless! It is surreal to think how much can change in so little time.
Ps. I'm in love with Avery's curly piggies.
I loved the pictures made me laugh. How can you forget the sequence dress up, the plays and so much more. It was like a kids disney land over there. We cant wait to see you all again. Melanie
Oh I love this! I love seeing pictures of them healthy and happy. We say over and over that it feels like a parallel universe sometimes when we think about how much life has changed this year. CRAZY. Some days it feels like yesterday and others it feels like a lifetime.
Post a Comment