The 2nd Spring Break was last week for the girls. We really didn't do a whole lot in terms of going out and about. A trip to the mall one day, lunch out a few times, a couple trips to the park, and some play dates was really the extent of it. One afternoon Maryn sat out in the front yard for what seemed like hours. She constructed a 7 foot (we eyeball measured it) daisy chain (made with dandelions and those purple weed-flowers) and was in heaven the whole time. Reflecting about her favorite part of Spring Break, that was it. Avery has been on a real drawing kick lately and has filled several notebooks and is now onto a big (I would say 16x20) sketchbook. She sketched our backyard one afternoon and it was really quite impressive. Hopefully they will remember it's the simple pleasures in life. :)
Anyhoo, one day we did venture out to Peoria to the Zoo!! It was such a fun afternoon. Peoria's zoo is small enough that it is perfectly do-able within a couple to a few hours. The exhibits are simple, but effective. There aren't a lot of animals, but the ones they have you get a pretty close up view. Monkeys, a sea lion, farm animals, a tiger (who wanted to eat us for lunch), and an awesome Africa exhibit are what I love about this zoo. I could sit and watch the giraffes all day. They are so fascinating. Something funny in the Africa exhibit is that the lions are at the top and look out over the rest of the other animals. Right straight in front of them are the zebras. Poor, poor lions. If being caged in a zoo isn't torture enough, watching a couple of juicy steaks frolic around in front of you day in and day out sure would be. LOL!! Parker was thrilled with the whole experience. The last time we went she was still too little to comprehend or appreciate what was happening. This time she got it so much better and really loved it! Which is of course, fun for the rest of us. She now has a new favorite animal. The Rhinos!! LOL!
Enjoy some pics:
4 comments:
Love the pictures! Sounds like art runs in the veins...rightfully so. I can't wait to see the finished product of the "musical rooms" venture. You have a knack for making everything beautiful.
Ditto Shalee! Keep your shoulder to the wheel, I can't wait to see your magic when it's done.
I love simple, relaxing time together. It looks like it's warming up in Tonica & the things are a-bloom! That's just how spring break should be!
Reminds me of the Toledo Zoo ! Remember when we went there to see the Panda exhibit and bought t-shirts ? And the year you all rode the camel ? Great zoo ... big enough and small enough, that's what we used to say.
We rented "I bought a Zoo" w/Matt the Man Damon. Certainly tamer than what we are used to w/him, but a nice little flick. I wouldn't say it's for the under 10 kids myself, but I liked it and I'm over 10.
That's great that you had 2 spring breaks! looks like fun :)
Post a Comment