Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Crazy Days of Summer

So much for the old saying, "lazy, hazy days of summer"...in our house lately it's been more like the CRAZY days of summer!!  Everyone is back into the swing of things with schedules and activities. 

Maryn is taking flute lessons on Mondays, and art lessons on Thursdays.  She will start soccer in August.

Avery is playing softball right now, just got done with basketball camp last week, and will also take art lessons on Thursdays with Maryn. 

Both of them will go to IVCC daycamp in July.  They loved it last year, and are excited for another year!  Besides that, they are also involved with a little "activity group" here in town that tries to go and do an adventure once a week.  So far they've gone hiking at our state park, they went on a 14 mile bike ride from LaSalle to Utica last week (Mark went too!), and this coming week they'll be learning tennis.  That should keep them busy and happy too.


Parker is a whirlwind of energy and happiness.  She loves her shows and movies, if it were up to her this is how she would spend her entire day.  Lately she's getting more into the princess movies.  "Beast, Laddin, Ariel, and Tangles" top her list.  But she loves her some Toy story too, especially the love triangle between Buzz and Jesse.  She is too cute!  She's a funny little couch potato.  On the other hand, when you get her outside she loves that too!  She loves playing with the girls most of all, but also likes her bikes and balls and chalk and shovels and buckets.  The challenges we are facing with her right now are typical toddler things, let's just say she is well-accustomed to "time-out".  On the list of items to do:  potty train, ditching the binky, and transitioning to a big girl bed.  I know it's time, but gosh darn it!!  I don't wanna!! Can't she just stay little forever?!?


I am trying to figure out how to act like I'm a teacher this summer.  It's going okay so far, but I still feel like a nervous wreck every time I teach.  As a matter of fact, after my first class I came home and got really sick...I literally broke out in hives and was up all night.  Could it possibly be an allergic reaction to teaching?!?  LOL!  I'm finding it takes a LOT of prep time, and am spending way more time than I expected.  Luckily I don't have too many other demands right now and am diving into it with all my heart and energy.  I hope that it goes well and I can keep doing it.  We'll see.  It sure beats tech writing, that's for sure!!  :)  Items on my summer bucket list?  I would love to landscape the front yard this summer, and see our sunroom painted.  Maybe even tackle our bathrooms.  I guess we'll see how far the budget goes.  

Mark is teaching a couple sections, doing some tutoring, and working on his PhD.  He really wants to check a few items off his bucket list too.  I know he wants to see the Robie house in Chicago, and eat at one of Jeff Morrow's sandwich shops...I also know there's at least a couple items on my bucket list he'd rather NOT think about.  See if you can guess which ones...ha ha!

As far as our summer plans go we will probably go out to Idaho and Utah at the beginning of August.  Stay tuned for details!  Also we are planning on hooking up with the Piersons in July so that we can say hi to our recently returned missionary nephew Andrew!  Should be fun!!



What are your plans for summer?!?

4 comments:

Shalee said...

I can't get over how grown up Parker looks. Wow.

You already know our summer plans. All things BABY! :) Excited to hear more about the trip West!

melanie said...

Sounds like the girls are having the time of their little lives! I kinda want to tag along on their fun too!!

Miss P does look so grown up! Sometimes Tate runs around in that same helmet & pads just for fun. LOL!

I'm diggin' your summer plans, and hope there is a little paint or landscaping in your future!

Erin said...

sounds great. Today is the first day of vaca for us...little crazy, but soon we'll fall into "routine", too.

What would summer be with a little project?? Mark, Mark, Mark, Mark....(fist pumping as I'm chanting)

Paul and Linda said...

Run Parker Run !

(Hope she took off them knee pads ... they were weighin' her down !)