Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Birthdays and Milestones


Maryn turned 12 this year. On what planet is this possible?!?  Words can't begin to express how surreal this experience is...it really has gone by so fast.  I can still so clearly remember the details of her birth.  It's amazing that this was 12 years ago.  Not only is she not a little girl anymore, but even worse, this is the last year of "tween-dom" as next year she will officially be a teenager. Aye yi yi, somebody pass me a cane already!  LOL!


She had a friend (only one at a time for sleepovers) over for the night, and we all celebrated her milestone birthday.  She asked Avery to make her birthday meal...chicken and dumpling soup, one of her new faves.  Avery and Dad also made the above pictured chocolate cake concoction.  (I kinda like this new trend in the house...hee hee!) 

Maryn received her Faith in God award from participating in Activity Days, and so her leader (ahem) got her a pretty necklace with a key charm that says "Faith" in the middle. (I knew it was her the moment I laid eyes on it.) Coincidentally her friend got her a matching bracelet from the same store in Ottawa...small world, and great minds thinking alike, and all that jazz. :)  She got some other gifts too, among them was new bedroom furniture and bedding.  However, we are also planning on painting her room, so I will post pics when we get it all pulled together.  I must say she was mighty pleased at the prospects.  She's got the decorating bug just like her dear old mum.


As many of you know, Maryn has been taking flute lessons for a couple years now.  She has progressed into a flute ensemble with her studio that she takes lessons from, and they performed a program called "Flutes by the Fireplace" at Starved Rock Lodge.  It was really cool, and definitely got my thumbs up.  The participants are adults, teens, and some kids.  They were all fantastic, and the music and setting were gorgeous.  It sooooo got me in the Christmas spirit.


Maryn looked so cute, and did great!  This was her first real recital experience, and even though it wasn't a "solo", I could tell she was trying her best.  We're so proud of her. 

 

We are so grateful and happy for our newly twelve year old girl, and for what she brings to our family.  Happy Birthday to Maryn Elizabeth!!

3 comments:

melanie said...

Merry Birthday to Maryn! Sounds like she made some awesome memories for this milestone day!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to Maryn! Way to go on the flute ensamble! You look darling in your "concert wear"! ;) Love you!

J'Amy Day said...

Happy Birthday, Maryn! She looks darling in her cute leggings and skirt. I'd love to hear her play the flute next time you are in town! :)