Maryn and I had the opportunity to go to the Chicago Temple for her first Temple trip the Saturday before Christmas. It was such a special day for her and I. As I watched her sit in the chapel, I was struck with such a surreal memory. The Chicago temple is where I had my first temple experience too. I hadn't remembered until I saw Maryn sitting there in the chapel dressed in white. It was as if I was seeing the figure of myself at that age. It was so sweet. As I sat there and looked at her, everything came into focus for me. This is why we have temples on the earth; it is to seal families together forever, to connect past generations with future generations, and to allow every child of God the chance to return home. Seeing your own child in the Temple brings everything full circle. I always want to be able to have this gift. It is my ultimate prayer and wish that we can all be there together someday, and that my posterity can continue this legacy.
2 comments:
What a special trip! I can't wait to go with Hallie. Jeff & Gage have been quite a few times, but I haven't ever gone with. Something about having to actually *hire* a babysitter... gasp!!! :)
That's so neat!
Post a Comment