Sunday, September 15, 2013

Avery Turns 11!

Our very own Avery Jane Brown turned the ripe, old age of 11 this year!  Wow, can't believe that one!  She is a middle school-er this year too, so it just seems like all of a sudden we have all the BIG kids, er pre-TEENS in our house.  It's really quite strange.  Ask Mark all about it, he LOVES having pre-pubescent daughters under one roof...especially a really, small roof...especially sharing one room in the aforementioned small house.  LOL!!  But, I digress!!

On to the birthday celebrations!

Avery invited the Griswolds to come up to Midland to hang out for the day.  We went to a place that had a "fun-zone" of activities.  We did a laser maze, glow-in-the-dark bumper cars, and mini-golf.  We had a blast!!




Don't you just love our 4 year old?!?  I love Mark's expression in this pic!

After the games, we went back to our house and ordered pizza and had cake and ice cream.  We also did a family "photo booth", complete with photo bombs galore!  Avery loves mustaches, so this was perfect and so fun!  I am still laughing today when I look at these pics, it was just one of those gut-busting good times.










Thanks so much to the Griswolds and the Grandparents for making the trip!!  This is one of the best perks of living in MICHIGAN again!!  Whoo hoo!!

On Avery's actual birthday, she opened a pretty awesome present...tickets to the Alton Brown LIVE show coming to Midland in November.  She was pretty stoked (and okay so were we) about this present!!



2 comments:

melanie said...

*wiping tears* oh man, those mustachio pics get me every time. E's photobomb is the best ever.

Happy #11 to sweet Avery Jane. One more year until girls camp and young womens. Can't believe it!!

Have fun with Alton! Be sure to get a photo for the calendar!!! :)

Paul and Linda said...

Every time I even think about those mustache pix I laugh and now I can SEE them. I will surely wet my pants !!

It was a great day for sure !