Thursday, September 5, 2013

Parker starts Preschool!

My BABY!!  I can't believe it's time to send her off into the cold, cruel world...already!!  AGGHHH!!!

But seriously, I am sad and happy and have mixed feelings about Parker starting preschool.  She's my last child to do any milestone, and so naturally everything she does for the first time or the last time has all these attached emotions to it.  It's just really, really bittersweet.  Sniff, sniff.

Anyhoo, she is THRILLED about starting at Chippewa Preschool!  She loves her teachers, she loves the toys, and the snacks the most.  So far, she hasn't made any real connections in terms of buddies, but I don't remember that happening at this age with my older two either.  I'm sure that will come.

Here she is on the BIG, FIRST DAY!!

 Getting her new tennishoes on..."I don't like these shoooooes, they're toooo tiiiighttttt!"  LOL!

 Parker, look over here and say CHEESE!  (A series of shots where we never actually get her to look straight at the camera...sigh.)



Wait, what?!?  She's looking!!  When I went back and studied her expression and the way she is holding her hands in the pic, it about made me cry.  She just looks a little stressed, doesn't she?  I don't know, maybe it's all in my head.  I think she felt the anxiety of being separated from me a little too that day.

 A Princess backpack!!

 Walking into CHIP-UH-WAH!

 Mrs. Carpenter...awesome teacher!!

Mrs. Carpenter:  "Welcome to preschool, Parker! How are you, today?"
Parker:  "Uh, where's the toys?!?"



First DAY=SUCCESS!!!  Now the challenge comes in getting her to LEAVE the school without having to do a major full-body extraction!!  LOL!

3 comments:

melanie said...

Three cheers for "Chip-uh-wah"!!! I'm glad she loves it so much now she doesn't want to leave. Get ready world, here she comes!

Paul and Linda said...

I just call her "Miss Chip-uh-wah" for she will surely she will represent the county in the Miss MI one day !

Erin said...

(chanting)chip-uh-wah, chip-uh-wah...;)

Go Parker!