Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Break 2014

I know, I know, I know!  I'm just going to pretend that my little hiatus never happened, and just pick up where I left off!!  Nevermind the fact that we bought a house, moved yet again in less than a year, and that my life is completely not busy.  Whatever...here goes.

So for Spring Break, we took a little trip down to the Metro area to meet up with my besties of all time.  By some magical, cosmic coincidence Becky (now in Washington), and Chris (now in Utah) decided to be in Detroit at the same time.  Casey (now in South Lyon), and I (now in Midland) traveled into the area to meet up with Sheila (still in the Detroit area) for a night of yummy food, plenty of laughter, and lots of memories.  I sure love these people.  It doesn't matter how much time passes, we all just click, and pick right back up as if no time has passed.  I am lucky to still call them friends...and this time we let our spouses come too, which made it only "funner". 



We also were able to attend a local storytelling event hosted by the infamous Detroit Story League.  It was a great way to see what Grandma does, and also get together with the cousins.

After our trip, we spent the rest of the week at home trying to do some stuff mixed in with removing wallpaper, painting, packing, and closing on the house, and generally being stressed out.

One of the days, I took the girls to Dow gardens to see the annual butterfly exhibit.  It's such a beautiful place, but unfortunately Parker was a little freaked out by the butterflies. She didn't like them touching her...that kid could be scared by her shadow.  Anyway, the rest of us enjoyed the day.




Spring Break ended with a trip to our favorite Nature Center, and an art show for the local preschools of the area.


 Parker being a turtle at Chippewa Nature Center, and sowing her work at the Art Show.



No comments: