Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Friday First's (Drafts from the Vault)

{So I just realized that I have this folder of blog drafts that I never got around to publishing...not sure why, but they are making me laugh!  I figured I might as well publish them, right?!?  Enjoy my walk down memory lane with me!  This one is from 9/21/07.}

First Music: I am a child of the 80's, so I went through the Michael Jackson phase. I was also a big fan of Whitney Houston. Other first’s included Belinda Carlisle’s “Heaven on Earth” and OMD’s “The Best of OMD”.

First Best Friend: I always had lots of friends, but never one specifically. I remember when I was about 12, Jenny Collier (from church) and I labeled ourselves as best friends and dressed up as Salt & Pepper for Halloween. Later our friendship would crumble over liking the same boy…Jeff Goldman!! She wouldn’t talk to me after she found out he asked me to “go” with him. I broke it off with Jeff after a couple weeks because I felt so bad. She moved away a few months later anyway.

First Book: I remember reading the Little House books in my latter elementary years, as well as Sweet Valley High!! I remember distinctly checking out Thoreau, Steinbeck, and Lord of the Flies one summer in High School just for the fun of it. Other all-time favorites include Amelia Bedelia, Ramona the Pest, Anne of Green Gables, Judy Blume books, Alice in Wonderland, and Mercer Mayer.

First Car: The first car I bought with my own money was an ’87 Ford Tempo that was red with really faded red velour interior. I called it “Old Red”. It was a stick shift, and Daren taught me how to drive it while I was living with them in Chelsea.

First Job: Chopping onions, slicing bread, selling (and snitching) cookies at the Miami Bake Shoppe (15 years old).

First Date: Buddy Kennedy took me to see his Ypsilanti High School’s production of “Little Shop of Horrors”, Spring 1990.

2 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

Each one of these is a post w/in itself !

melanie said...

I'm loving these!!! I started reading from the top & was thinking- how did I miss these the first time she posted them?!?!!?

It is a surreal feeling to be transported back to different times through our writing. We remember it, especially what was written between the lines.