We all went in different directions this year, but here is a mish-mash of our spooky fun!!
 |
| For FHE, we "Boo'd" 4 families with treat bags. We made candy corn M&M cookies, and bags of "monster mash" (caramel popcorn, pretzels, candy corn, and gummy punkins). 3 out of 4 of the "Boo-ings" went smooth as can be, but 1 of them was pretty hilarious. We got caught before we could even walk away from the door. I guess "Boo-ing" a family with 7 kids isn't as easy 'cuz there are plenty of kids to answer the door as. soon. as. you. knock....and then proceed to run out onto the lawn looking for who knocked on their door...and saying, "I think I see the Brown's van...hey is that MarynAvery crouching in the bush over there!" Haha! Lots of fun!! |
 |
| MarynAvery went to a Costume Contest Party for Beehives on Wednesday night. Avery won the award for the "Scariest"...Haha!! She was definitely rockin' some serious shoulder pads, and nailed the character perfectly. Maryn dressed up as a "Steampunk"...if you ask her what that means she would say, "it's an eclectic mix of science fiction, Victorianism, and the industrial era". Ummmmm...right. |
 |
| It's kinda fun having them both as Beehives for a few months. They overlap by 3 months. |
 |
| We carved our punkins on Thursday night (Devil's Night for Detroiters), and got pretty creative with it! Parker named her punkin "Spooky Jack" when she picked it out from the punkin patch. But when she got home, she changed her mind and named it, "Spooky Vampire Kitty". Unfortunately one of the vampire fangs broke off, which broke her heart. Luckily, Dad fixed it up so that it still worked. But geez!! Drama!! |
 |
| Avery went for a big jagged smile. |
 |
| Maryn did a heart with filigree designs on the sides. Yep, always thinking outside the box. |
 |
| View from inside the punkin looking out...a little creepy. |
 |
| Mark and my punkin ended up being Jack Skellington's face. We have enjoyed watching that movie this year as a family. Finally, Parker is old enough to not be scared by the funky animation and the rest of us love the soundtrack. |
 |
| Parker Rapunzel ready for her preschool party the morning of Halloween. She was supposed to be a cowgirl, but changed her mind at the last minute because "she wanted to be a beautiful princess for her friend, Lucas". Aye yi yi, another story for another day. |
 |
| Mark and I showed up towards the end of the party to get some pics of her with her buddies. This is Macy, who has been with her since last year. I love her individuality. She rocked the firefighter costume because that's how she rolls! |
 |
| Some of her other buddies, Fancy Nancy (far left) and Vanellope Von Schweetz (from Wreck it Ralph). I just love this picture! So sweet! |
 |
| Halloween night, Avery went trick or treating with her posse from church/school. Her friend Emma is the other old lady, Kassie is the jestor, and Beth is the nerd. |
|
|
Maryn went trick or treating with a friend from the other Midland ward, and dressed up as Pinky Pie, another of the My Little Ponies. I don't know why we didn't get any pictures of that costume, it was really cute.
Trick or treating in our new neighborhood was an eye opener. There is a guy who lives a few houses down from us that goes all out, and gives out full size candy bars. Because of this, he has drawn quite a crowd to our neighborhood. That plus our location on the corner meant we had a LOT of trick or treaters. Waaaay more than I expected. For the past 6 years in Tonica and in our rental here, we haven't had any trick or treaters to speak of, so I guess I got out of the habit. Anyhoo, I was out of candy by 7:30 and had to turn off my lights and put a sign up because I could still hear tons of traffic outside. Next year, I will be more prepared. :)
Mark and I were invited to a Halloween party for some couples in our old ward. We decided we wanted to start a theme for our costumes...Parker's favorite couples from animated new releases. This year: Wild Style and Emmett. Haha!!
Hope you all enjoyed your spooky day this year too!!
2 comments:
Oh man! Isn't that the best part of Halloween?? I love that you're right in the hub of it all. Such great memories for your girlies.
Those pumpkins are so awesome!!! I'm having a sad moment that my kids really have never carved a pumpkin because they rot here. :*( Jack Skellington is a favorite at our house too!!!
Love the costumes- have to admit, I think Avery's wins the scariest for me too!!! EEEKK!!! Love Maryn's creativity- I'm just shocked there was no Dr. Who reference?!?!?! Can't wait to hear about Parker's little romance?!?!
Love you guys!
Ave looks like one of my friends, I do believe ! And, of course I recognized the Princess, but Maryn's leaves me scratching' my head !
Full-sized bars ? I'd have gone to that house myself !
Post a Comment