Parker's first field trip was to Leaman's Green Apple Barn. She had so much fun, and it was a good time for the million parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, you name it...that decided to tag along! (The school doesn't transport or chaperone the kids, so each child must have a parent/guardian in attendance...guess that included extended family too! Needless to say, it kind of made the whole thing a chaotic zoo, but hey! it's a field trip for heaven's sake!)
The kids were able to pick apples and make cider, make a craft, have some donuts, and play on the playground. It was a perfect fall outing!!
I know I probably sound like a big whiner sometimes when it comes to co-opping in this preschool. I don't know why I have a somewhat curmudgeonly attitude about it. I really do enjoy spending time with Parker in her environment, and observing her personality as it blossoms into this girl that she is becoming. It's all fascinating and miraculous, and I absolutely treasure the opportunity to step into her world for a brief moment. I realize this won't ever happen again with her in this way, and so for that I am grateful!! I also realize that this wasn't a possibility with M and A, and that because Parker is my last baby I am extra conscientious about squeezing as much enjoyment out of these "last" experiences as I possibly can. See? All of these things are good...all of them are worthwhile...all of them are important.
I think the whiney-ness comes from the fact that it makes me feel old, and out of shape, and a little bit lonely, and that's not fun for anyone. Feeling old, and out of shape, and lonely also makes me melancholy. It makes me miss the days when marynavery were littles, and I had more energy. It makes me sad that this baby of mine is now growing up, and that poof!! this phase of my life is drawing to a close. I guess that's a good enough reason to make me feel snarky...at least that's what I am telling myself. I can expect that on co-op days, I get a free pass to just come home and take the rest of the afternoon off!! I put my feet up, turn a movie on for Parker, and ZONK out!! I also may or may not have just hit up the drive-thru for lunch on the way home cuz I'm so stinkin' tired that even the thought of slapping together a sandwich is overwhelming. I should probably be planning dinner, or getting some laundry done but instead...zzzzzzz...followed by Tylenol, washed down with Diet Coke, lots and lots of Diet Coke. I know, I know, I know...so sad. Anyhoo...I just wanted to give an explanation to my sarcastic comments about co-opping in the preschool. In case you wondered, or wanted to judge me, or whatever. Just keepin' it real. Haha...(nervous laughter followed by an awkward silence.)
But I do it all anyway...wanna know why?
This. I mean, how could I not?


1 comment:
Never could go on field trips for the first five of you becuz I always had a baby at home. I went for a couple w/Erin, but felt exactly like you describe, so I quit volunteering .. :o(
Post a Comment