So this is the first ward we've been in our entire married lives that hasn't done a Halloween party/trunk-or-treat/chili cook-off. Mind blown! Haha!
Instead, the tradition here is to have this fall festival party out at a family's farm where everyone brings chili or soup in crockpots, bread of some variety, treats of all varieties, and there is hot cider for all! We set up the food in their barn along with as many picnic tables as possible. Then, there is a huge bonfire where people can set up camp chairs and eat/visit.
There is another barn full of just hay, like mountains of it, and the kids just play to their hearts content. There are two hayrides going simultaneously throughout the night around their property. There are also horse rides going throughout the night. It's just a lot of FALL FUN! I do enjoy it; however, there is part of me that misses the Halloween party and the trunk-or-treat. I am trying to not mind the fact that we don't do it, but I kinda do. This was our 3rd Fall here, and I don't know if I'm completely sold yet.
Anyway, here's some pics of this year's fun:





No comments:
Post a Comment